Front Bumper Removal 00 sedan

cg6boi

Reaction score
before you say it i looked and this is what i found

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154&highlight=front+bumper+removal

and well theres no instructions that i can see :) so i did search
just wanted to know how to do so and how many new clips or whatever i will need..o and how to remove headlight (my bro did mine and well he wont tell me haha...thats not funny im sad) i have f-ckin moisture in my driver side headlight and its pissin me off! thanks for any help you guys can give me, remember replies with pictures are even MORE appreciated haha thanks guys

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's (2 - one on each side) screws in the upper corners of the bumper where it meets the fender. Remove those. There's (2 - one on each side) 10mm bolts almost right below those screws at the bottom of the bumper. Remove those. The rest is just plastic clips that you can pop out with a flat head screwdriver. I don't know how many off hand and you can just as easily go look for yourself.

Nemo619

Reaction score
If you have never removed the plastic clips before, you want to be careful. They may brake offaround the edges. Plus there are two plastic clips at the top of the front bumper (over the grill). You have to raise the hood to access them. :thumbsup:

xluben

Reaction score
^ is a good one.

i never put the plastic clips back in the bottom and i lost one of the bolts for the fenderwall area :(

anyone know where to get a replacement?

but overall it's really pretty easy to get off. my was kind of a stretch to get back on, though.

EDIT: and here's how to get out the headlights:

http://filtsai.com/accord/housings/index.php

PROJECT H

Reaction score
just use zipties. haha :p

removing the bumper is really easy.. took me abt 30 mins the 1st time figuring it out... n then after it takes only 10 or so mins.

just be careful with the plastic clips... if u happen 2 break/lose some.. just use zipties.

xluben

Reaction score
mine only has 3 bolts and no clips, so with a socket and a power drill i could probably do mine in 30 seconds :)

PROJECT H

Reaction score
damn how r u get so quick?... do u guys jack up ur car... or do u just go under n start removing clips/screws. i should buy some power tools and a jack.... so i can work faster hahaha

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
PROJECT H said:
damn how r u get so quick?... do u guys jack up ur car... or do u just go under n start removing clips/screws. i should buy some power tools and a jack.... so i can work faster hahaha

if you do it enough you get pretty good at it. i know i've done it in the dark with no help of additional lighting. its almost second nature now.....pretty sad. :(

Back