type r grill in a sedan

xluben

Reaction score
i remember seeing a post about putting a type r style grill into a sedan, with a link to an ebay auction. of course it did require cutting.

i was wondering if anyone knew if a type r grill made for the coupe would fit moderately well in the sedan bumper (if cut)? or is the grill area a totally diff. size? and would there be a big gap with the sedan hood?

it seems like it'd be MUCH cheaper than the whole coupe front end conversion with a similar look.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
there will be a gap... not noticable from far, but if u're a perfectionist like me.....

Nemo619

Reaction score
I've seen the grill your talking about. It was up on ebay. It was a JDM grill that was made for the sedan but it did require cutting the exisiting grill out of place.

xluben

Reaction score
carfreak30135 said:
does anybody know how easy it would be

if it's just cutting and then pop in the new grill i'd do it.

but if you have to cut an then bondo/paint to make it looks good, then i don't think it's worth it (to me).

Neight

Reaction score
I would like to do that as well, I have OEM foglamps that I wish to keep. And it would seem easier and i like the 98-00 sedan bumpers.

Neight

Reaction score
Did you have to bondo it ? what parts of the bumper did you need to cut/repaint

xluben

Reaction score
Neight said:
Did you have to bondo it ? what parts of the bumper did you need to cut/repaint

i know you have to just cut out the middle part, but i'm wondering if the new grill covers all the of the cut area. if it does than no bondo/paint would be needed.

i also like the sedan bumper, but mine has some cosmetic flaws, so the coupe swap and type r grill would be easier.

Back