Please close all race related threads in the future

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Thanks mods for doing this. I know i started a thread myself but that was my way of "self moderation" since i believe it does nothing good for the site, atleast catch the mods eyes instead of stepping on toes. When i read "this is the best thread ever" or something to the extent, purely because it deals with race, i instantly feel like the value of me to that person is less. Makes me feel like i should shrug them off, etc. Nothing good obviously. Many forums have offical policies against starting race related threads. By that, i mean threads that are made with the intent of people of a certain race congrigating in one thread. Not threads that deal with issues of race if somebody feels to talk about themselves or their experiences in a positive way towards other people, etc.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I understand your concern, but I think that if we are all intelligent, respectful individuals, that we can carry on a legitimate conversation about race without using slurs or derogatory terms.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
word...when i saw the threads that said "white group" or "filipino group" i didn't even bother to click on them. it was sort of dumb, exclusive in a lame way, and completely unnecessary. i didn't see how it was funny at all. it was just straight up racist.

pride and culture is one thing.
exclusion is another.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, when i saw them, i thought they were just about the dumbest thing on here, and i wouldve rather have seen more of that spam **** weve been getting.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i mean it was cute or funny or whatever for maybe 3 seconds when you read "official white thread" "official PR thread" but then it stopped being funny when you realized what that would consist of.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I actually feel bad for starting the "offical white thread." It sort of a joke, sort of seeing how fast it would be closed down. I could see the filipinio thread lasting but how many of you could deal with an "official white thread" lasting?

I think it's fine to have threads about race. If someone posted a thread called "life through the eyes of a japanese person," "as a latino, do you feel like you bond with other latinos/as more easily?," etc, etc, etc. BUT, it should be posted in the smackdown area, in my oppinion. Having "offical" threads are much different. Talking about your personal racial experiences can enlighten the community. Congrigating in a single thread seperates it.

Maybe that will make some since. At the end of the day, it's the mods decision and most sites have strict rules about "people of XXXX race, come in this tread".

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
like i said
there's a difference between inclusive discussions about race and pride and culture discussions.

that's how i feel.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I thought the white thread was funny and def got the point across...i got what you were going for when you made it..i don't think anybody was trying to be racist by them, but they really aren't needed like you said...

MikeyMike

Reaction score
lol, i thought you meant race as in VROOOOOOM ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i was like wow how you gona shut down those threads when that is what 90% of us do lol.. but ooooooooooo (sorry i didnt wanna read all the posts)

98AV6205HP

Reaction score
MikeyMike said:
lol, i thought you meant race as in VROOOOOOM ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i was like wow how you gona shut down those threads when that is what 90% of us do lol.. but ooooooooooo (sorry i didnt wanna read all the posts)

I was thinking the exact samething! haha.

Back