New Project: S14 w/ RB25DET swap + R33 parts

Metalp3n

Reaction score
So sometimes I do things on a whim - and this would be one of those things. This weekend I picked up an S14 240sx; along with the front clip of an R33 GT-S, the R33 rear subframe, rear HICAS steering system, differential, transmission, gauge cluster, dashboard, and a TON of other R33 parts.

The goal is to have a fun and reliable daily driver. I'm originally shooting for 350HP but we'll see how it goes. In the back of mind I'm already thinking that's not enough.

Here is how everything got the garage. A completed packed out 240sx (interior and trunk) was loaded onto a trailer. The bed of a GMC Sierra was packed out with the RB25, the transmission, hood, bumpers, and TONS of other parts. More parts were packed into the interior of the GMC such as the turbo and front suspension from the R33.

xaXKNGp.jpg

Ozfw8Zg.jpg

NPRAJpX.jpg

35bDSHd.jpg

lkWxJ1b.jpg

X0Visa2.jpg

ZSxjXX0.jpg

HYkJgQz.jpg

p4d9xw7.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
35bDSHd.jpg

Anyone else thinking of the scene from the Fast and Furious when they were getting parts to rebuild the Supra!

Awesome project, looking forward to your progress.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Awesome. Did you get all that from one place?

Yep. Some kid bought the 240 (2nd owner only); no frame damage; no reported accidents. Then he tore it apart; bought the front clip of an R33; sourced more parts; and got nowhere.

He made a FS post I happened to see; drove out to him with a trailer; realized the car had absolutely no front suspension; had the seller install coilovers quickly just so we can mount the wheels (no steering rack or front subframe installed); and then we rolled it onto the trailer. Then another few hours to get the motor into the truck (with no engine hoist). Then the rest of the parts. And now here I am.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Very nice and lucky find!!! My first tuner was a 93 240SX with the RB25DET swap and how do I miss that car! Definitely subscribed to follow this build! :lewx4:

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Very nice and lucky find!!! My first tuner was a 93 240SX with the RB25DET swap and how do I miss that car! Definitely subscribed to follow this build! :lewx4:

Nice! S13's are always fun. Drove an LS-swapped S13 for a few weeks - fell in love.

The next week or so will be full of me just sorting out all the different parts and separating the S14 parts from the R33 parts. As I find cool things I'll post pictures here.

Then we move into the research phase where I figure out how I can get the HICAS rear-steering system installed; and how much of these R33 parts I can get to fit onto the S14. I do have the ENTIRE suspension and brake setup from the R33. I know the R33 brakes will fit - so that's a start.

Oh and I also want to put the front suspension together so I can at least roll the car around with working steering.

kthung

Reaction score
Super pumped to see how this turns out. Love the S14 shape. Someday I want to start a project car but currently in an apartment and only have one parking spot.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
So started going through some of the parts and figured I would post up some photo's of some of the more interesting JDM pieces.

Heyy RHD :)
Photo%20Apr%2007%2C%207%2043%2059%20PM.jpg

And fancy JDM digital A/C display
Photo%20Apr%2007%2C%207%2044%2009%20PM.jpg

And apparently in Japan they LOVE to wash their windshields. There's 3 different ways to activate the wash. I realize one is for windshield; one is for the rear glass. Why 3? (twist up; twist down; pull).
Photo%20Apr%2007%2C%207%2043%2028%20PM.jpg

More to come later :)

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Don't know if a s14 with r33 front is at all common or not, but I've never heard of that and can't wait to see the outcome

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Back