F23 to J30-32 swap help

6thgenius

Reaction score
i4
engine_bay_stock.jpg

What's that empty space next to the power steering reservoir? Are all i4's like that?

Varnell

Reaction score
I've been searching around and would still much rather swap in a j35a8 or j32a2 than an h22a3. It seems to me like picking up these parts from a v6 engine bay and transplanting them into my i4 bay wouldn't be too complicated.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I've been searching around and would still much rather swap in a j35a8 or j32a2 than an h22a3. It seems to me like picking up these parts from a v6 engine bay and transplanting them into my i4 bay wouldn't be too complicated.

If you end up swapping a v6 into your 4 cylinder that would be awesome. I would like to do it but it honestly would be much easier, especially since v6 came 5 lug. I just wish the v6 came with a manual transmission from the factory

Varnell

Reaction score
Yea, I've done the five lug and rear disc swap twice now. Should have just picked up a v6 model. lol

timoteo

Reaction score
h22>j32. i would just turbo the f23 and call it a day. turbo would be more fun and if it ends up blowing then u get an h23 and swap all the turbo stuff over

Varnell

Reaction score
You should really just buy another accord/car. Engine bays are... mirrored from i4 to v6.

i4
engine_bay_stock.jpg

v6
1998_honda_accord_lx_v6-pic-8728171792116554606.jpeg

power steering reservoir
air box/intake
transmission
(engine is built the other way)
cruise control
ABS module
battery is different
radiator is different
collant overflow reservoir
winshield washer fluid reservoir & pump

Everything is on the other side. It's a lot of work when there are Accords with v6 engines already.

The only one I'm not seeing is the cruise control. Assuming all the frame holes are the same, getting the parts from a v6 bay and using the brackets would be pretty simple to swap over. Am I wrong in thinking that?

I'm more concerned about the wiring and getting the j32 or j35 to fit without hood spacers.

I'm still searching for a thread where somebody has put a v6 into an i4 bay but haven't found anything yet.

I'm trying to justify not hunting down a black V6 EX-L coupe with black interior. The only reason I would consider that is if swapping the subframe (and parts above) is truly that difficult and I could find a black v6 ex-l coupe with a mint body.

I also plan to save a little room by relocating the battery in case I want to turbo. :badger_1:

Last edited:

mastershakj30a1

Reaction score
I want to swap my j30a to a f20b will it fit and work I'm not sure since I want to go from v6->i4

Back