photography suggestions

xluben

Reaction score
for some reason i can't seem to take any decent pictures.

basically all i know how to do is turn the flash on or off and choose preset modes.

here's some examples:

(flash on)
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=62296&postcount=1

(flash off, bright sun)
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=62484&postcount=11

it always seems like my pics turn out better with the flash on (which i know is a photography no-no).

also i've done all my pics holding the camera. i have a tri-pod somewhere, but i haven't been able to find it lately.

here's the cameras i have available:

(this is the one i always use)
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/stylus400.html

(this is a newer one i haven't used much)
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/ex-z60.html

both are more towards the compact, point-and-shoot style vs. high picture quality.

also neither were overly expensive (~$200).

any suggestions would be appreciated!

links to other articles/forums are fine too, i don't mind reading up a bit :)

theaccordian

Reaction score
ryan s said:
1. tripod first and foremost
2. set iso as low as ittl go
3. play with EV values
4. use timer for night pics
5. set "program," not auto, not night portrait, etc
6. set whitebalance to what looks best for the situation. dont worry about titles of the settings, just play around with them
7. no flash. if its too dark, move to a place with more light :rolleyes:
8. watch out for other light sources like sodium street lights. they mess with the camera more than anything.

thats all ive got.

those tips improved my pics, like night and day.

6THGEN_AI4

If you don't have DSLR camera is not much you can do to take good quality pics. My sugestion is that either get a good camera or help the pic by editing it in photoshop. Plus is not the quality but the angles you chosse to take the pics that makes your car look even better. I always look for the angle my car look sick and try to play with the sun and the shadow....
1. I like how my car looks in this pic. (I used 10 secs shoting option and lay the camera on the ground I mean the asphalt)
dscn2702pw4.jpg

184tw14rg.jpg

image2fi6.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
One big thing i would suggest is tripod...that will solve lots of problems..

Also never shoot in direct sunlight..so mid-day is not a good idea..
Like said above, not having an SLR will be a factor, but you can still have good pictures...Just try and wait towards the afternoon to shoot...maybe not shoot on a day where it is really cloudy, it will cause the sky to be blown out..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
without manual modes, youre at the cameras mercy since you cant adjust things like aperture settings. some cameras will automatically adjust themselves to the longest shutter speed available if its in low light...but...then you have to depend on the light available (talking mostly about night pics).

i use programs as little as possible since id rather improve photography skills vs photoshop skills :rolleyes: im not saying ps is bad, but it should be used in moderation.

so yea like eric said, tripod and no direct sun shots is a good start. if you dont like your camera, sell it and buy a new one. [hijack]this is what im doing...picking up my digital rebel on sunday :D:D:D [/hijack]

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^^Sweet!!! I am probably going to start saving up for a fish eye...

Post in the DSLR thread when you get it..we need more members haha

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
definitely will join the club :D too bad its soooo cold outside and theres not much worth taking a picture of inside :( and its just started snowing :(

Back