KTHUNG's '13 A5

kthung

Reaction score
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, it's no longer cost effective to keep the 6GA. I was hoping to hold onto it for another year but it is what it is. Anyways I've been saving up for my new ride and I am happy to announce that I just picked up a CPO Audi A5 in Glacier white with chestnut brown interior. I take delivery this Friday so I'll post some real pics then, but in the mean time here are a couple from the dealer.

Varnell

Reaction score
Who needs a 6GA when you have an Audi? :drool:

You, sir, have my dream car. Vossens, Bags, Tint, Wrap, and call it a day.

Last edited:

kthung

Reaction score
Who needs a 6GA when you have an Audi? :drool:

You, sir, have my dream car. Vossens, Bags, Tint, Wrap, and call it a day.

Thank you. I'm gonna leave it stock for a while. Maybe just tints for now, and I'm happy with the color. Wheels and coilovers come when my wallet recovers.

Audi's are nice but don't hate on the 6GA too much. As an Audi driver I will all of a sudden forget how to use turn signals, and will lose the ability to park in between the lines :henry:

Edit: BTW just saw your build thread. SO MUCH LOW. Well done. :favorites13:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on an average person's 2nd most expensive purchase. :thumbsup: My dream car is also an Audi RS5. It will take a while though before I can afford one.

kthung

Reaction score
Congrats on an average person's 2nd most expensive purchase. :thumbsup: My dream car is also an Audi RS5. It will take a while though before I can afford one.

Thanks! I would love an RS5 but even if I had one I doubt I could afford to keep it running (maintenance, insurance, gas, etc.). I'll probably just do an RS5 grill swap somewhere down the line. That's the nice thing about the A5, it's still really attractive. It doesn't look like you got the base level car (unlike a 328 vs M3).

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase.

Maybe another 6GA down the line to use as a daily, so the A5 doesn't get overworked.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Fell in love with the design since the year it came out. Looks like not much has changed and that's a good thing! Congrats on a beautiful ride and you can't go wrong with white/brown.

If I didn't know better I would think turn signals are optional on European makes :lawl:

kthung

Reaction score
Fell in love with the design since the year it came out. Looks like not much has changed and that's a good thing! Congrats on a beautiful ride and you can't go wrong with white/brown.

If I didn't know better I would think turn signals are optional on European makes :lawl:

The ambers aren't actually turn signals. The turn signals are next to the projectors in the "squinty" part of the LED DRLs. I'm not sure exactly what the outside amber portion does. The european headlights ("E-codes") are a pretty popular mod to get rid of the outside amber markers but at $1600 a set NOT worth it (although they do produce a slightly wide beam pattern).

truWarier02

Reaction score
I meant the turn signal next to the steering wheel. I honestly can't recall the last time I saw a BMW driver signal to switch lanes :lawl:

kthung

Reaction score
I meant the turn signal next to the steering wheel. I honestly can't recall the last time I saw a BMW driver signal to switch lanes :lawl:

Oh haha yeah true that. I actually test drove a 3 series before picking this car. The turn signal stalk is really weird to operate. When you turn on the turn signal it doesn't stay in that position until after you complete the turn. Instead, no matter what it rebounds back to the original position right away even if the turn signal stays on. It was a bit off-putting. No wonder no one uses them.

Back