Need ideas to fix license plate mounting spot.

chomorro21

Reaction score
98 Accord coupe with wings west front add on. One of the tabs to mount the license plate holder has broken off completely on one side. And i was wondering if anyone has any ideas to fix this, other then buying a whole new front bumper. Or drilling directly into my front bumper to mount my plate. Anyone??

TDotCord

Reaction score
well I've got a sedan....but when I was running a front plate...I took off the holder and mounted the plate directly onto the bumper...the dealer had already drilled through the bumper..so the hold was pretty much useless

you should be able to lose the hold and mount onto the bumper if you already have the holes. you could put holes in it if it doesn't have holes

chomorro21

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?? I was thinking maybe i could drill into the top of the front scoop and mount the holder that way.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
chomorro21 said:
Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?? I was thinking maybe i could drill into the top of the front scoop and mount the holder that way.

I have a licence plate bracket that I can send you if you want. It will screw into the underside of the front air dam. That way you don't have to screw into the front side of the bumper.

I don't need the bracket.........Florida FTW!!

PM me with your address if you want it. :thumbsup:

chomorro21

Reaction score
Well i have the mounting bracket the problem is one side on where it screws into the underside on the front air dam is broken off. So im not sure how to fix it :(

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
chomorro21 said:
Well i have the mounting bracket the problem is one side on where it screws into the underside on the front air dam is broken off. So im not sure how to fix it :(

Well like I said if you want mine, you can have it for nothing. Just PM me your address and I'll ship it out from work tomorrow.

Back