[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Varnell

Reaction score
So I originally looked at hmotorsonline and they had one for sale for $3600. It included the motor, original type s transmission, mounts, sensors, ecu. I needed to make sure I had school paid for first, and they ended up selling it a few weeks ago to some guy in Mexico.

I recently found another one. I requested pictures of everything, including the wreckage. The car was hit in the fender.

Just wondering if there's anything in particular I need to look out for. The parts are coming from NY, so my first concern was rust. The guy I talked to said all but the right axle would be included. I'll post pics as soon as I receive them. I'm also having the parts delivered straight to my mechanic's shop as I've been talking about this swap with him for a few months.

image_2.png

image_3.png

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Re: Purchasing J32 Changeover

Drain trans oil, look for metal, including drain plug magnet (refill w/ Honda MTF!! NOT 10w30 or 80w90, er whatev, WHEN INSTALLED!!)

'wiggle' input shaft & axle (while installed), feel for bearing wear/slop

look for 'stains' due to leaks

surface rust on axles is fine, repaint, if you want.

That's what I got, consider it a '5min check-up'

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Definitely appreciated. He said the pics will be sent later today. It will come with a warranty and I'll comb it over as many times as I can before then.

Jordan_H

Reaction score

I'm not sure if you're purchasing an lsd transmission but if you pull the axle and look inside the diff you'll be able to tell. Just thought Id give a heads up. Congrats on the motor. I know you've wanted it for a long time haha

Varnell

Reaction score

I'm not sure if you're purchasing an lsd transmission but if you pull the axle and look inside the diff you'll be able to tell. Just thought Id give a heads up. Congrats on the motor. I know you've wanted it for a long time haha

Yea, it's supposed to be the original 03 CL-S Engine and Trans. Thanks. I've had my eye out for a few months. Seems too good to be true with less than 80k miles, but maybe good things come to those that wait. Even the engine/trans from hmotors had 100k.

Pics are up. It shares quite a few similarities with the 98 sedan I bought from Ohio. That engine ran like a champ, though. I was a little worried when I initially saw a photo of the wreckage, but the engine seems to look pretty good.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated] Purchasing J32 [with pics]

Sale confirmed. $2650 shipped from NY to NC. Original 2003 CL-S Motor and Trans with 77k miles. I'm stoked. Assuming everything checks out, I just saved $1200 that I was completely willing to give hmotorsonline for the same parts with 100k miles.

I suppose I can turn this into a swap thread. I know there a still a few questions pertaining to this swap. Ask any questions and I'll try to get answers and pictures in here to help out any future swaps. I'm hoping it won't be quite as difficult since I'm not pairing another tranny with the J32, and therefore won't have to use an aftermarket harness.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 1/5/14] J32 Swap [Bought]

nice pickup man, thats a great price! id like to do a swap one day when ive got the money but i wanna buy a whole car so i can part it out to pay for it and swap all wiring lol

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 1/5/14] J32 Swap [Bought]

Why cant I find these? Lucky you

Hmotors has one now for $3600 + shipping. Car-part had one with less than 70k, but its from Tampa and I didn't trust the salty/sandy atmosphere. I was on the hunt for about six months before I put down the cash.

Brad, I'll be selling my other accord to finish paying for parts, so I'm kinda in the same boat. lol and less wiring the better

Last edited:
Back