buyer/seller feedback thread is the worst format ever!

xluben

Reaction score
jk, but i really think that format is a horrible idea.

every user (buyer/seller) should get their own thread where other users can add every time there's a new transaction.

that is how every other forum i have ever seen does it and it makes it a lot easier.

just do an advanced search for their username, choose "search titles only" and it will probably be the only thread that comes up. within that thread you can find all the feedback they have through the site.

the current format is just an unorganized mess, especially if this site ever gets some real traffic and that thread become hundreds of pages long :(

just my opinion....

Fish

Reaction score
I'll second this.

One of the forums I go to also has a moderator in charge of their feedback forum. Everytime someone posts in a member's feedback thread, the mod goes and changes the title to reflect the new feedback score. So someone with 2 positive feedback, 1 negative feedback and no neutral feedback will have a '(2-1-0)' in their thread title.

Makes it easy to see at a quick glance how the member has been, but also results in a lot more work.

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
This will clog up the forum.. Making it useless space.. That would be 500+ threads because we have 900+ members and transactions going on every day and i doubt anyone would wanna be updating the sub forum every 10 mins it's great how we have it. It saves up space and easy to find..

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
we like our system the way it is. to be honest, our system is also biased and inherent. we really rarely rely on the feedback post. we really each other based on how many posts, character in posts, and your "standing" on 6thgenaccord.com

that's why we have a thing with noobies posting F/S threads.

xluben

Reaction score
yeah, there's really nothing wrong with your format within the site.

it's just nice to have your own thread if you ever want to sell something
through another site.

i agree that you shouldn't be able to register for a site just to post a FS, but
it's nice to be able to give people a little piece of mind the first couple times
you buy/sell something via a given site.

like these:

http://myworld.ebay.com/xluben/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120887
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185939

i've only bought one thing through this site, so if i wanted to sell something a
buyer could be hesitant, but through those other methods of feedback i
would (hopefully) be able to boost their confidence.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
well that's why our inherent system works. we trust you based on forum-relationship reputation. your reputation on the forum is basically how we trust you.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
There are many ways to do it, have trader ratings in your profile, or have a thread section. Having things appear here doesn't seem to be a good idea.

Back