Strange Power Door Lock

SmrPants44

Reaction score
I have a friend with a 98 Accord EX coupe, and his car has been in an accident (he bought it about a month ago). And when he presses the power door lock on the drivers side the passenger door unlocks....no matter what you do the locks are alternating, one lock the other unlocked :huh: . So basically he has to manually lock the passenger side everytime he gets out of his car. Is there some kind of system reset that can be done to fix the problem?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you mean when he presses "lock" on the drivers side, the passenger door unlocks or stays unlocked?

if one lock wont lock/unlock while the others do, its normal for these cars. my driver door lock doesnt work with the remote or switch when its humid/raining/snowing...only when the air is totally dry. my rear driver's side lock does this once in a while too. it sucks having to check all the locks whenever i have passengers or whatever :(

SmrPants44

Reaction score
it physically unlocks when one side locks....for example both doors are unlocked, he gets out of the car presses lock on the remote the drivers side locks while the passenger stays unlocked. He presses lock again the passenger side locks while the driver side unlocks. same for if he uses the "lever" inside the car, etc.

Back