Backseat Question

HandoEX

Reaction score
I've had my car for about 2.5 years now but have never got around to figuring this out...
Can you fold the entire back seat down in 6th gens? There is a spot for a key on my rear deck but the only key I got for my car (the ignition key that opens the doors and trunk) doesn't open it.

Do you have two keys or is my lock not working to fold this down? Just curious.

acrod99

Reaction score
^^Yea-the entire back of the seat should fold down once you figure it out.

klee

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
I've had my car for about 2.5 years now but have never got around to figuring this out...
Can you fold the entire back seat down in 6th gens? There is a spot for a key on my rear deck but the only key I got for my car (the ignition key that opens the doors and trunk) doesn't open it.

Do you have two keys or is my lock not working to fold this down? Just curious.

My ignition key does not work. I have a second set of keys that Honda gave me. They called these Valet keys which turns that deck lock. I don't bother with it. If I need to, I just pop the trunk and pull the plastic T shaped handle to drop the rear seats.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea^ thats what i do, cuz my only key, the ignition key, doesnt turn it either, but i guess its not supossed to, haha.

HandoEX

Reaction score
klee said:
I just pop the trunk and pull the plastic T shaped handle to drop the rear seats.
I'm at work right now so I can't go look until it's dard...but where is this T shaped handle you speak of?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Also, make sure the key you're using is the master key and not the valet key. The entire seat will fold down on the Sedans while the Coupe has a 60/40 split

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
the ignition key DOES turn the lock on the rear deck... but honda didn't do a great job making that lock and as a result, you have to turn pretty hard. mine has gotten noticeably more difficult since i got my car

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you fold down the rear armrest, and open into the trunk, the t handle thing should be within reach, that usually how i go about pulling mine down. i think its like an orange color or something. if you cant figure it out, then ill take a pic tomorrow of it, lemme know.

Back