Conversion

Egi7

Reaction score
i have the conversion for the auto obd2b-obd1. It will cost you roughly around $450 bucks to fully complete it. A pic of my harness with ecu and tcu are on my g23 thread, along with info. If you use a obd1 IM, you will need injector resistors. But the harness, Ecu and tcu (transmission control unit), is the bulk of it. That should get you started

-Mike

HandoEX

Reaction score
The harness will cost you a pretty penny. Last spring, when I was going to throw an OBD1 H22a auto into my 6th gen, I paid $250 for the harness alone from Rywire. Lucky for Egi7, I sold it to him for much less:)

S-spec

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
i have the conversion for the auto obd2b-obd1. It will cost you roughly around $450 bucks to fully complete it. A pic of my harness with ecu and tcu are on my g23 thread, along with info. If you use a obd1 IM, you will need injector resistors. But the harness, Ecu and tcu (transmission control unit), is the bulk of it. That should get you started

-Mike

WRONG!!

Just because you are converting to OBD1, it has nothing to do with what type of injectors you use. The injector type has to do with the ECU of choice. P28/P06 etc all use saturated injectors, so you are better to keep the original F23 Injectors (saturated)...if you use say an ECU from a 92-96 Lude, then you will need peak-and-hold injectors with a resistor box.

The reason behind this is how the ECU actually opens the injectors. I already explained in more details in the official obd2>obd1 conversion thread http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=65959&postcount=18

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
well then, what should we look for. i have a h23 IM im putting in and i have obd-i f22a & h23 injectors, what will i need? resistor box? or are u saying i could use my current setup of f23 obd-ii injectors?

i have heard abt the different injectors types, but still dont quite understand the reasoning behind it

S-spec

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
well then, what should we look for. i have a h23 IM im putting in and i have obd-i f22a & h23 injectors, what will i need? resistor box? or are u saying i could use my current setup of f23 obd-ii injectors?

i have heard abt the different injectors types, but still dont quite understand the reasoning behind it

Did you read my other post that I linked? There is a description of each type of injector :)

And yes, I am saying there is ZERO reason to change injectors depending on the ECU you use. The F23 Injectors will fit the H23 IM no problem. You don't need any resistor box to use the original injectors. If you use the H23 injectors, yes, you will have to wire in the resistor box, but you run the risk of overheating ur injectors using a saturated injector drive circuit.

Don't think of injectors as OBD1 or OBD2....there is no difference in terms of OBD...its ONLY the actual type of injectors. (Saturated vs Peak-and-Hold)

There are OBD1 sat, there are also OBD1 P&H injectors....the OBD has nothing to do with the type of injector you use.

What ECU are you using for this OBD conversion?

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
S-spec said:
Did you read my other post that I linked?

What ECU are you using for this OBD conversion?

yes, i read it when it was first posted

i will be using a p28 chipped ecu (chrom)

S-spec

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
yes, i read it when it was first posted

i will be using a p28 chipped ecu (chrom)

K. A P28 uses Saturated type injector drive circuit...so your original F23 injectors are the ones you want to keep for your conversion. This will save you a lot of hassle as well in terms of wiring in the new injector connectors and wiring up the resistor box.

Its a waste of time and 100% unneeded for the conversion. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Egi7

Reaction score
Well, BadgerType there you are. S-spec is the injector guy, so go with what he says. Seeing that if you WERE to change to a H23 manifold, it would ALREADY have injectors with it, being that MOST people wont put their old f23 injectors in that IM. That being the case, he will NEED a resistor box.

Back