Change Tranny Fluid

rwong410

Reaction score
Could someone post some pictures of where the 3/8" bolt is located under the car and also a picture of where I'm supposed to fill the fluid? By the way, I have an auto. Thanks

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know you want pictures but crawl under the car on the pass. side near the subframe/suspension and its pretty much the only thing that the ratchet will fit into. You fill it up through the dip stick hole. Get a long funnel.

cg6boi

Reaction score
OMG HAHA i just saw what i wrote and instantly wanna erase it haha......should i just jump into a bag of angry cats then jump into a lemon juice fountain?

f23accord2000

Reaction score
auto 4 cyl? and v6 on the left side between the radiater and block there will be a hose kinda in away has yellow loop thats the dip stick ,use honda atf only and buy a new gasket for the 3/8 plug, 2.6 quarts very easy keep up with it do it ever 15k to 20k and that tranny will go forever only drain and fill dotn do a flush on honda trannys you will kill the tranny

f23accord2000

Reaction score
rwong410 said:
Why would I need a new gasket?

it was told to me to get one from the dealer everytime i change my fluid in tranny to change the gasket,they are free from dealer when you buy the fluid but they sugest changing the gasket everytime,like i change my oil gasket every other oil change,its just to be safe casue they are only made of aluminum and the for th bolt asue the tourqe is i think 48 lbs on the plug which leaves a nice mark on the gasket

Ø1accord

Reaction score
I was recommended a tranny oil change as well, I have 54K on my '01. The dealer charges $100 bucks to do it, and that's w/my wifes employee discount. Am I better off just buying the oil and doing it my self??

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Man, Change your tranny fluid yourself it will cost you 20$ maybe, and it will take you no time at all. Screw payin 100$ for a little over 2 quarts of oil (man trans). And probably somewhere around 4 for autos.

Back