Seafoam

rwong410

Reaction score
Just used Seafoam on my car and there was barely any smoke. I put in about 30 -40% of the can through the PCV line. After that there was no smoke so I just shut off the car and let it sit for a good 10 minutes. Fired up the revved a bit and finally started seeing the smoke. As I turned out of the parking lot and onto the street I had to stop at a red light and by the time the light turned green all my white smoke was gone. So, is it only supposed to smoke for 5 minutes or less or does that just mean my car is cleaner than normal? I have 64K on it

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be judging it by how much smoke it puts out as opposed to how the car performs afterwards or days later.

xluben

Reaction score
make sure you change the oil right after you do the treatment.

on my other engine (oil burner) there was a TON of smoke and it lasted for about 15 min of driving.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
lol... depends on how much sh!t is in ur engine.... mayb ur engine is cleaner than u thought? how does ur car feel after?

also... i put 3/4 of my bottle through the PCV valve, n the rest in the gas tank.

rwong410

Reaction score
Well, it feels a tad more responsive but I don't know if that's just in my head

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
it also depends on the color of the smoke that comes outta your car. Carbon is black while the seafoam smoke is white

NC Representa

Reaction score
PCV line

rwong410 said:
Just used Seafoam on my car and there was barely any smoke. I put in about 30 -40% of the can through the PCV line. After that there was no smoke so I just shut off the car and let it sit for a good 10 minutes. Fired up the revved a bit and finally started seeing the smoke. As I turned out of the parking lot and onto the street I had to stop at a red light and by the time the light turned green all my white smoke was gone. So, is it only supposed to smoke for 5 minutes or less or does that just mean my car is cleaner than normal? I have 64K on it

So about that PCV line what is it and where is it located?? :confused:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
u got a v6 or a i4?
theres a youtube vid for the v6.
if ur a i4, its the lil plug thing above the "T" in VTEC, just pull/wiggle it out.

im not totally sure wut the PCV valve does, but it's like a vaccum hose that connects into ur engine. (thats y u use it 2 suck up the seafoam.) :) just dont submerge the whole thing into the seafoam, or ull stall ur engine. lol

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Well to be honest.
you only have 64K miles on the clock.
Unless your car was poorly maintainced, there're won't be much to clean

Back