Oil Filter location question

Datsrboi

Reaction score
tomorrow will be the first time I am changing oil on my accord since I brought it. If I am correct the oil filter is located in the back of the block right? If it is WTF is it doing back there and not in the front?

My question is:
How easy is it to get to the filter?
Has anyone done the oil filter relocation kit to the front?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its real easy to get to. also, its mounted horrizontally, so youll wanna have the oil collector down below, and also something covering the flex pipe so you dont get oil all over it.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE where the v6's filter is located. Probably one of the easier filters I've ever had to change. Located right by the passenger side wheel.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
i4's is gay. i spilled some in my eye. true story. had the filter wrench, twisted it, caught it and like 2 drops got in my left eye. i cried. =[

S-spec

Reaction score
I don't see why you would want to relocate it, or if there even is a relocation kit?? Any1 know of one (link)?

But an oil change it relatively straight forward.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you could probably use a universal honda kit since all honda cars use the same filter (i think...cant think of any counter examples lol).

the easiest filter ever was on my acclaim. to the left of the exhaust manifold, right in front. just reach between the block and radiator, in plain sight :thumbsup:

i think the easiest way to do the accords filter is to jack up the left front, lay on your back with your head next to the tire, and use your right arm to get the filter. when you stick your arm up through the suspension and axle, youll see theres a right way and wrong way. its not that bad once youre in the right position :beer:

Datsrboi

Reaction score
They do make universal kits. True some of you guys dont mind where the filter sits but I am a busy person. I like to get it done as easy as possible and not have to get under the car. My solara oil filter was not as bad in location but a huge mess. On my solara it is a 1.5 to 2.5 hours (Yes I said HOURS) to change the oil and plugs. A relocation kit would cut the time and mess in half and also allow you to add more oil which helps out allot.

Can you do it from up top or do you have to get under the car to get to the oil filter?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i dont think you can even see the filter from the top lol. in any case, its about 8" in and maybe 12" above the bottom of the block+oil pan, securely guarded by the brake booster and intake manifold on the top side (going by memory here, ill be changing it this week sometime). so yeah, its on the bottom-middle of the block...

retro

Reaction score
i think the easiest way to do the accords filter is to jack up the left front, lay on your back with your head next to the tire, and use your right arm to get the filter. when you stick your arm up through the suspension and axle, youll see theres a right way and wrong way. its not that bad once youre in the right position

thats how i do it ... pretty damn easy ... just make sure you pull your ebrake :thumbsup:

Back