01 Accord LX Factory Radio Question / XM install

jimmyt

Reaction score
Hello All -

I just received XM as an early Christmas present and will be installing it soon but have a few questions.. I have the factory single cd radio - same as this image - http://www.handaaccessories.com/accord/accord01cd.jpg - except I do not have the 6 disc cd changer but instead have the cubby with the door below the radio - I am assuming that it has the cd/aux port on the back - can anyone verify this? I plan on getting the PIE XM6-HON98 aux adapter for a clean and "wire free" install.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to install XM? I plan on either mounting the antenna on the front and then coming into the car via the firewall or mounting it in the rear and entering through the trunk then under the seats and up through the center console - suggestions or opinions would be appreciated. I have all the Honda bullitins on how to tear into the dash and remove the center console.. does not seem to hard - I think the hardest part will be getting the antenna into the car without causing leaks.

Thanks

Jim

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i'd probably mount it on the rear deck or in one of the corners of the front dash, but that's completely up to you and how ambitious you're feeling when the time comes to install everything.

and i'm not 100% positive, but i would assume all stock cd-players have an aux input for a external cd player seeing how most/all manufacturer's offer their own external cd players for extra $. but a simple 2 minute phone call to the dealer would verify for sure

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I have a sirius unit, and my antenna is mounted right at the front driver side corner of my roof. Then I ran the wire down the rubber insulation for the windshield, between the crack of the A-pillar and the fender, then ran it inside the car and right under the radio. I also hardwired the unit so there's one wire on the left for the antenna and one right for the power

mypictures00314dc.jpg

jimmyt

Reaction score
thanks for the info - any pics of the antenna install - or current pics showing the antenna and how it enters?

thanks

talonted1990

Reaction score
I installed my XM radio myself and ran the antenna on the trunk because it is waterproof and it has better reception when it is attached to a metal surface. I ran mine down the side of the car with my rca cables and thru the backseat on to the trunk. Pics on Cardomain(link in sig)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Ok, Here's what I did.

This is where I have the antenna mounted

mypictures00015gn.jpg

I ran the wire down the rubber insulator of the windshield

mypictures00023yw.jpg

Then right where the A-pillar meets the fender, that's where I ran the wire inside.

mypictures00037wf.jpg

mypictures00048kh.jpg

mypictures00053vj.jpg

Then I ran the wires through the dash to the bottom of my HU
If you hardwire the unit, you can run the wired from the fusebox to the same place

mypictures00087cy.jpg

mypictures00091pd.jpg

mypictures00064xw.jpg

mypictures00100ih.jpg

mypictures00072us.jpg

jimmyt

Reaction score
very nice.. thanks for the help all! I will post some pics when done :)

Back