spark plug wires

minituck04

Reaction score
did a search and came up with ngk's. do any of you guys run anything different. and what are the best ones for are cars.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
OEM or NGK.... Denso ain't bad either... unless if u're running boost or crazy motor work, i'd stick with OEM or NGK or Denso..... avoid Bosch!

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i would go NGK, MSD, OEM, Nology

i heard SUCH good things about OEM as being better than aftermarket because of their ability to hold some charge or some **** for VTEC.

there was a weblink i think i found here or somewhere else about OEM wires being the best for VTEC when compared to those "vtec wires"

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Oem is always good. My only other experience has been NGK which was the same as oem, quality wise. Now other brands, i have heard good and bad. I would only concider NGK or oem in the future.

Plug wires, unless yours are done, is really just a cosmetic mod though when you get into aftermarket. With the stock igniton system, you will notice nothing over oem power wise.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
OEM wires are really good. even with aftermarket ignition.
however, i think when you go super crazy with ignition boxes and external coils and other stuff, those thick *** wires might serve you good.

blindside

Reaction score
I use to have NGK wires and i didn't notice such difference between OEM and NGK, that goes for all the other brands. Like angel said if you did some major **** to your ignition you would definetely feel the kick...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
blindside said:
Like angel said if you did some major **** to your ignition you would definetely feel the kick...
With experiences with cars i have worked on, even then, it's pretty much nothing. It's only until your stock ignition isn't cutting it anymore. I remember back in like 98 or so, everyone was going with msd boxes because they were just comming out with affordable systems catered towards 4cyl. You'd get better idle pretty much. Now, on the contrary, i had some friends with high horsepower cars where the stock ignition became a weak link. Then it made a difference but only because it was infact necessary

Back