valve cover leaking

minituck04

Reaction score
not from where it sits on the gasket but bout a 1/4 higher up. like its cracked all the way acrss the front. have any of you encountered this problem. if so what did you guys do to resolve it. we have an alum mig welder at the shop if thats what i hve to do to fix it. thanks in advance for your input guys

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
thatd be a fix, but idk how good it would look. see if you can get a 1st gen acura CL f23 engine cover, i wanted one for the longest time. they say "2.3 VTEC" on them, theyre so sick.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^VTEK is overrated :p

anyways, the actual vc cracked? damn.... tht's crazy.... JB weld in the mean time and get a new one down the road

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
^^VTEK is overrated :p

yea, especially on these motors, but i wanted it cuz it was different, and it would most likely fit right on, and it looked pretty good.

edit: heres a pic from someones cardomain....

2125477_7_full.jpg

idk, just a thought......i wanted to get one tho, haha, i think they have a pretty clean look.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^not bad, not bad at all.. i think u should buy it and slap it on teh V-dub :rofl: VTEK 4Evar!! :rock:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
^^not bad, not bad at all.. i think u should buy it and slap it on teh V-dub :rofl: VTEK 4Evar!! :rock:

haha, i wish i could....the cover on this motor is such a bitch to get off. "high tech" is "retard ed" haha.

minituck04

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
thatd be a fix, but idk how good it would look. see .

i would weld it from the inside if it allowed for the clearance. if not then id weld it on the outside and just take it down witha flap disk. but that valve cover looks hella sick. ill look into that since i wanted to paint mine anyways. it would be better that way since i wouldnt have any down time. thanks sketch

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
minituck04 said:
i would weld it from the inside if it allowed for the clearance. if not then id weld it on the outside and just take it down witha flap disk. but that valve cover looks hella sick. ill look into that since i wanted to paint mine anyways. it would be better that way since i wouldnt have any down time. thanks sketch

its off 98+ CL's....not sure how many years they had the f23 in them tho, prolly till the new body style. but yea, thatll help you out some :thumbsup:

Back