what kind of projectors do you guys have?

Neight

Reaction score
I was thinking about a set of projector head lights, but I might just clear out the oem ones. Do you guys remember the thread about clearing out your own headlights? (diy) I also plan to get a set of used oem tail lights and clear out the amber and respray with red, all read tail lights or get a newer version of the altezza ( I know ugly) but spray the entire thing red. ...but those are just ideas...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the good ones like, made by a company that everyone uses, are the TYC Projectors, not the halo ones, the light output sucks. a lot of people also do retofits or get that done by people that know how to do it. the tail light idea with the spray titn red, on the altezzas ive seen done on coupes and sedans, and it doesnt look that bad. i was actually thinking of doing it with my altezzas im messing with now, but it wont be the look i want either, so i scrapped that untill some other day when i want a little change, haha.

ryon527

Reaction score
the only altezzas i like

8b.jpg

i think that car is in okasu's signature

people use oracle vinyl over the taillights to get that tint. Or you could take it to a body shop and have the red reduced so its transparent.

Neight

Reaction score
nice, that was the Pic i was refering to. BTW speaking of "Lights" I have OEM fog lamps, but I can;t find the bulb size. i want to get some yellow bulbs. (98)
And do these tyc's leak water?

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
they shouldnt leak, but if they do all you would need to do is run a bead of silicon around the seal on the lense. that what most people do after they open there lights to do the DIY blackhousing, but i didnt need to.

Hush

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
they shouldnt leak, but if they do all you would need to do is run a bead of silicon around the seal on the lense. that what most people do after they open there lights to do the DIY blackhousing, but i didnt need to.

don't use another bead of silicon, you don't need it. its easier and cheaper just to bake the lights and then use clamps around it. i did that when i did my retofit and i've had no leaks what so ever. even going through a car wash.

Neight

Reaction score
I guess I'll do the cheaper DIY clear corner since I got a set of used acura cl rims, the ones with many spokes that almost looks like mesh.

jdmgear

Reaction score
the only altezzas i like
i think that car is in okasu's signature
people use oracle vinyl over the taillights to get that tint. Or you could take it to a body shop and have the red reduced so its transparent.

Actually you can get a cheap set of Altezzas on ebay then buy some JDM Red taillight Spray from these guys on eBay (link below). Which they are great to deal with and have fast shipping. Just contact them and they will be able to hook you up since you are not using the Buy It Now option. ;) I have heard you can purchase stain glass window spray at any paint accessory store, but I have not tried it on any taillights.

Yea ryon I agree that does look clean with that all red look the only reason I didn't do that is that I still wanted that factory look and besides at night when you hit the brakes or use your turn signal it still reminds me of altezzas :p This is the same spray I used for my factory taillights to get a clean all red look instead of the half clear half red.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tail...42612QQitemZ8018100323QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

As for the projector headlights I am in the process of doing a TSX retro with washer mod TSX projectors (see link for color mod pics before and after) BMW E46 shrouds, Nissan/Infiniti Ballasts, 9006 relay harness(for avoiding factory harness fires LOL :D) and Phillips 4100K D2S bulbs.

http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtop...=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tsx+washer&start=0

I was thinking about a set of projector head lights, but I might just clear out the oem ones. Do you guys remember the thread about clearing out your own headlights? (diy)

Here is the Website that might be helpful your DIY request.

http://www.filtsai.com/accord/housings/index.php

Back