car navigation

ryon527

Reaction score
Does anyone have navigation in there car? I bought my dad a garmin streetpilot c330 for christmas. It just makes sense to have the portable one compared to the one built into the car. I gave it to him yesterday since he already knew what I bought him. Its pretty damn good, I tried it out last night.

PT-spc3302-LG.jpg

PT-spc3303-LG.jpg

klee

Reaction score
Looking into buying one. I personally like the TomTom all in one box like appliance. Pretty straight forward.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
which road do i turn onto ryan ryan? how many minutes untill im there ryan ryan?

haha, just rememebring the TomTom commercial, with sue sue and some other guy, haha. looks nice tho, with these ones you buy in the store, do you have to subscribe to them? i think i heard that the TomTom just plugs into your comp and auto upgrades or something like that?

klee

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
which road do i turn onto ryan ryan? how many minutes untill im there ryan ryan?

haha, just rememebring the TomTom commercial, with sue sue and some other guy, haha. looks nice tho, with these ones you buy in the store, do you have to subscribe to them? i think i heard that the TomTom just plugs into your comp and auto upgrades or something like that?

Those commericals are hysterical! No, you do not need to subscribe with any GPS system. The service is free. What they get you for are the DVDs that contain the updated maps. Alpine for example will sell the screen but the DVD contains the maps. The reciever just connects to the satellite which is the free part. Those DVDs are pricey at about 300 a piece for each year. It's not really necessary to buy every year.

ryon527

Reaction score
I read reviews for probably 2 months. The one I got, got very good reviews. I paid 540 from amazon. A lot cheaper than if I was going to buy it at best buy or circuit city.

Back