The wheels did me in...

HomerJay

Reaction score
Hello all!

For some reason or another I opted for winter tires when my M+S went bad last fall. Of course, I wanted wheels... :D ...that way I could justify summer tires. I had better M+S last year and got a taste of better performance (albeit, very slight).

I have a 2001 Accord EX I-4 5-speed. I believe the color is called Nighthawk Black. Everything is stock (well, at this point... :p).

I don't have pics of the car. But these are the wheels I'm putting on this week... :thumbsup:

P3270033.jpg

Enkei 17x7 Evo 6 (Hyper Black)
Kumho Ecsta MX (225/45/Y)

I've enjoyed browsing the past few days. I now realize what the wheel retailer meant when he replied..."be careful, it's addictive"... ;) ...I already have additional parts on order. From what I've read, the intake is a great place to start. There's one on order... :)

I've owned the car since new. I figure it's about time I thank her for treating me so well over the years.

My list is likely a lot shorter than some here. Beyond the wheels (and eventual suspension drop), I don't plan on any cosmetic changes. I'd rather improve suspension and the way the car drives since that's what I get to play with every time I'm driving... :driving:

One question I'd like to ask is where to buy the PSPEC short shifter kit. It's just plain awesome!! From what I've read, the 97-01 Prelude kit works for 6th gen Accords. Is that for specific years or all 6th gen?

I look forward to a good time!

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
HomerJay said:
My list is likely a lot shorter than some here. Beyond the wheels (and eventual suspension drop), I don't plan on any cosmetic changes. I'd rather improve suspension and the way the car drives since that's what I get to play with every time I'm driving... :driving:

One question I'd like to ask is where to buy the PSPEC short shifter kit. It's just plain awesome!! From what I've read, the 97-01 Prelude kit works for 6th gen Accords. Is that for specific years or all 6th gen?

I look forward to a good time!

very wise decisison, to improve suspension first, alot more fun that doing engine mods imo, you can actually feel a difference.lol I like your approach towards modding. hope you enjoy your stay. its a great community!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u sound like a wise man :thumbsup: suspension and rims is a must imo (and i love your rims btw).... might as well get sway bars and an upper strut bar while u're at it...

as for the PSPEC, do a search... it's been discussed b4... i myself use a B&M short shifter adapter and cut my shifter.... it's cheap and works for me...

for the addictive issue, it's true... b4 u know, u'll be like me :rofl:

HomerJay

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
very wise decisison, to improve suspension first, alot more fun that doing engine mods imo, you can actually feel a difference.lol I like your approach towards modding. hope you enjoy your stay. its a great community!
That's what I was thinking. The engine mods are a bit too hardcore for me (well, at this point at least). I don't know what to expect from the intake/exhaust and suspension but from what I've read I gather the improvements would be more drastic than any engine work.

I've only been visiting a few days now but there is clearly great group here! I'm so glad I came across the site! What a great resource of knowledge and fellow Accord fans... :)

DarkSideAccord said:
u sound like a wise man :thumbsup: suspension and rims is a must imo (and i love your rims btw).... might as well get sway bars and an upper strut bar while u're at it...

as for the PSPEC, do a search... it's been discussed b4... i myself use a B&M short shifter adapter and cut my shifter.... it's cheap and works for me...

for the addictive issue, it's true... b4 u know, u'll be like me :rofl:
I have an upper strut bar on order already... :) Actually, within 20 minutes of visiting this site for the first time, I had already ordered the intake!

I'll probably sit at wheels/tires, intake and strut bar for at least a little while. The rest of what I'd like to do includes (likely in this order):

-PSPEC shifter (if it's back in stock soon)
-exhaust
-stabilizer bars
-suspension

I'd love to do the suspension first since it is so integral to how the car drives. The timing couldn't be worse since I just paid for those wheels and tires. I guess I'll just drive "5 or 6" cars this year with a new one at each step... ;)

I know that's barely scratching the surface of what can be done. I don't know if that's where I'll stop but I think it would end up being a much nicer car than I have now even with just these few mods... :D

turbocayenne said:
he's telling the truth ha..ha..
sigh... another lucky man having 5 speed EX..
welcome aboard man...
From what I can see, he's definitely telling the truth! WOW! There is a lot that can be done. Yup, I love my 5 speed... :driving:

Thanks! I have a feeling it's gonna be a blast!... :D

Back