finally doing the stereo in the g35

ryon527

Reaction score
Well I've been going back and forth with what I was going to do with the stereo in my g35 and I finally made up my mind. I'm putting a elemental designs sq10 subwoofer in a fiberglass enclosure in my spare tire hooked up to a mtx amp thats coming in the mail. I going to use the speaker level inputs on the amp (not thrilled about that) hooked up to the back speakers. I don't want to change out the headunit because it costs like $350 for dash parts I need from japan and I would have to get a double din because the single looks really bad in that car. The amp comes with a remote bass knob so I'm going to mount that in the ash tray cubby. I have the spare tire all taped up and I'm going to do the fiberglassing tomorrow after work. I'll post up some pics as I progress. :thumbsup:

ryon527

Reaction score
I ended up doing 2 layers of fiberglass last night, I going to do another layer tonight. I had to bring the spare tire in the house because it wasn't warm enough for the fiberglass to dry properly.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
since youre fiberglassing already, would it be possible to do the dash as well to fit an aftermarket unit?

ryon527

Reaction score
No the ac controller and radio are on one circuit board. :mad: Plus in the 05's and up they added real brushed aluminum dash pieces which is really plastic with a real thin gauge steel bent over the plastic.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hmm...well then...could the boards be separated? like, are they dependent on each other? im looking at some dash pics now, and it looks like a double din/din kit would be a straight drop in.

is there any way to replicate the jdm dash?

ryon527

Reaction score
Finally did my install last weekend. I ended up ordering a custom box made by elemental designs to my specs. I covered it with carpet from yourautotrim.com. The sub I painted flat black and I put a infiniti logo decal that I got from ebay. The mtx amp is under the trunk floor under the left side plastic. The ashtray piece I made at work for the remote knob. Overall I'm happy with it, I decided on going with a oem look. The sub is great, I'm impressed with elemental designs.

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1526.jpg

DSCN1532.jpg

Back