Red/Clear coupe tails..

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
I've seen a few coupes on here with those tails and I wanted to know what you did to get them that way. I want to shave the center piece and make my tails red/clear. I searched and didn't find anything, found some stuff for sedans, but that's it. Anybody know?

-mike

dynasty

Reaction score
some people bought the full clear tail light (no red whatsoever, which is illegal unless using red bulbs). then they sprayed the bottom piece red with stained glass spray paint which could be purchased at Michaels or other paint shops. don't go to Hobby Lobby because they won't have it unless you get lucky.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
that's what i was thinking, it kinda sucks because i can't find the red paint anywhere, michaels used to carry it but now all they have is amber paint. ah well.. looks like i have some hunting to do! thanks for the help dynasty

dynasty

Reaction score
if you can't find it anywhere, i can ship you a spray can. i'm not sure if it's legal to ship spray can because it's flammable. if you can find out, you can send me the money and i'll do that for you.

white03sedan

Reaction score
u can ship a spray can, but only if u have an account with the shipping company compling with the federal regulations on dangerous goods...so I dont know if the average person can just ship 1 spray can...but if u can, then it would have to go on a cargo only plane like kitty hawk, or something...

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
ok so i went to michaels today and again, they didn't have the paint, so i asked them to call me when the next shipment comes in. where can i find the clear coupe tails? i checked on ebay and i couldn't find any

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
av6_sm1ke said:
ok so i went to michaels today and again, they didn't have the paint, so i asked them to call me when the next shipment comes in. where can i find the clear coupe tails? i checked on ebay and i couldn't find any

I don't even think they make the all clear tails anymore. Especially with everything that recently happened with APC and their taillights not being DOT compliant.

Back