Throttle Body????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

justvtec

Reaction score
I was look on ebay and came across accord throttle bodies and was wondering if they improve preformance and if the spacer works too(just looking for ponies)

Muyo

Reaction score
it just gets louder pretty much

you might get a horspower or 2

klee

Reaction score
justvtec said:
I was look on ebay and came across accord throttle bodies and was wondering if they improve preformance and if the spacer works too(just looking for ponies)

Only worth the effort if you plan to do all things related to engine breathing. The one mod is a waste of money. You would get more gains from a CAI.

acrod99

Reaction score
Way back when-i found a skunk 2 60mm. I think they still make it, i know i wanted it when i saw it. But yea-only if you're going all-out on your engine, man.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The spacers are crap. Send your TB and the top half of your intake manifold to Maxbore.com and have him bore it out and port match it. Might be like $200. Mine's at 64mm now.

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
The spacers are crap. Send your TB and the top half of your intake manifold to Maxbore.com and have him bore it out and port match it. Might be like $200. Mine's at 64mm now.
If the 6th Gen uses the same throttle body as the 5th Gen. Then F22parts.com has a 68mm throttle body.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
98AccrdSdn said:
If the 6th Gen uses the same throttle body as the 5th Gen. Then F22parts.com has a 68mm throttle body.

Thats overkill for an F23. Teg Type-R's run that size or bigger but they're pushing 8krpms+ and 11:1 compression.

Crono139

Reaction score
For an F-series, I wouldn't go over 64mm for the TB.

After that, it's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back