Hey!!!

V6 4AT vs. I4 5MT

• Dude you can't beat 3 pedals, the I4 FTW!!

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • There's no replacement for displacement, V6 atw.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

aackshun

Reaction score
Hey, I've been a long time browser and finally now that I'm almost able to get my OWN car, I just had a few questions for you guys.... I've reached a fork in the road when it comes to the wonderful coupe....

Should I get a:
2000 Honda Accord EX Coupe (5MT w/ 77K miles)
-or-
2002 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe (4AT w/ 93K miles)

also has which year is the best year for the 6th gens? Has Honda made any modifications for their wonderful 5 year run or not??

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the auto trannys on either the v6 or the i4 both suck.....the v6 ones just go all the time. deffinately go with the 4 banger 5 speed. and pretty much everyone on here will tell you that the 6th gen accords were the best so far for styling....the 7th gens jsut have a little more power.

98AV6205HP

Reaction score
Not all trannys are bad on 6th V6's. I have a 1998 AV6 with 187,XXX miles and its still running strong on the original tranny.

Everyone is saying they would rather have a 4 banger manual instead of a V6. IMO id rather have the mean sound of a V6 then the 4 banger. Here is a vid of my car...

blindside

Reaction score
I would definetely get the manual tranny... it's more fun and reliable, that is if your not going to use it as a DD..

aackshun

Reaction score
DD = Daily Driver? If so, then yes, I have a car trip to take this summer and I need it to get me to school and back, and also I live in Houston, so I'll be doing quite a bit of driving everyday.

blindside

Reaction score
Correct, if there is not too much darn traffic in your area and if your work or school's not too far away get the manual tranny... auto tranny's are pretty reliable too, i had a 4 banger auto tranny before and never had a single problem.. i guess it all comes down to your own preference, whichever that would best suit your needs... :)

aackshun

Reaction score
haha oh boy.... Again I live in Houston and my school is 18 miles away from where I live and it takes 45mins to get to school and 1hr and 1/2 to come home, I know the hell of clutch+brake+neutral in stop and go traffic, I've simulated it in the current car I drive and I just might get carpal tunnel or sumfin doin all of that work... But I also live in the middle of nowhere and on saturday nights when there's nuffin better to do then waste gas, I like to open up the car on the backroads here and I know that's just more fun w/ a manual than anything else. I'm just glad the 4ats are reliable and long lasting on these cars.

Oh and 98AV6, I do love V6 cars more than anything (awesome vid btw), but I've driven allot of different I4s (haha 4 banger makes em sound tougher than v6s) strangely I've never driven the F23, but i'll fix that as soon as I brush up on my manual skills and so far the only I4 i've liked is the 2.4L EDZ engine from the 04' Dodge Stratus, any1 know of any similarities or differences between that and a F23 (besides VTEC YO).

Last edited:

6THGEN_AI4

Manual FTW..... You don't wanna loose all the reduce power that our car have with the AUTO tranny + they have their curse already.

Back