New Accord owner checking in

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
How's it going everyone? My name is Ryan (I bet you never would have guessed that from my name), I live in the salty and cold state known as Wisconsin and I recently purchased a 98 EX 4dr 4cyl auto ( :( ). It wasn't my first choice of car, but my other car took a dump and I needed a car fast. The car is really nice, and I'm actually proud to own it. So here I am. I've gotten a lot of useful info from here already, so why not join? I might as well give you all an update as to where the car is. I bought it in the middle of November, so I haven't had it for too long. Here's what I have done to it:

Stereo
Pioneer Premier 470MP head unit
MB Quart RCE 216 component set (too cold and too much work to put those in now)
Stock front speakers
Removed driver's side rear speaker (free bass port!)
Disconnected passenger rear speaker (couldn't get the grill off)
MA Audio 600 watt amp
JL Audio 12w3v1
AudioControl 24XS crossover
AudioControl Epicenter
All wiring and distribution block from KnuKonceptz

Interior
Nothin special except for the stereo
Cracked passenger door panel trying to get it off
Cracked rear passenger sill plate trying to get it on

Exterior
Car came with tints, that's about it (stupid Honda Security stickers and LEV stickers left on :mad: )

Engine
Removed the one piece of the stock intake next to the battery to get at my headlight bulb

Misc
Silverstar headlights put in yesterday
"Custom" silicone house sealant to keep water out of the trunk
Check Engine light still on cause I haven't replaced the O2 sensor yet

It's too cold and I don't have enough money now to really do anything to my car for now :mad:

Could someone tell me how to post pictures on the forum and the signature? It always says "Enter the text to be formatted blah blah".

I'll put up pictures once I figure out how to. Thanks for having such a great place to talk about cars. Everyone seems cool here, and if anyone has a question for me, ask away.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
welcome, welcome.. always good to see a new accord owner, esp a sedan owner! :D seems tht u're a music guy, looking at ur sound system mods... well, good luck with the car, and do update us on future mods!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
btw, to put pix, u need to upload them somewhere first... then, link tht pix using the "insert image" buttom in the reply window... sigs are the same.. u can get to modify ur sig from the user cp section

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
oh, you have to upload them first...that makes sense, thanks. ill get on it and see what happens.

ryon527

Reaction score
welcome, another ryan on the board. people spell my name ryon though on forums because they see that in my username. anyway, welcome to the site and i hope you get your car problems worked out.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well, this is as far as i get

(without spaces)

it's still in my sig, so we'll see if it works when i post this.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ha ha! there we go. pictures are on the way...

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02084.jpg

DSC02079.jpg

yes, the stereo is tilting the floor...its just soooo flimsy. and yes, the wiring is ghetto, but ill fix these in the summer
DSC02082.jpg

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

there's the sealant--does anyone else have this problem? there was a bunch of paint missing cause it had blubbled up and cracked, but no rust. then the water leaked into the crack and into the trunk. it looks like itd been fixed already. its fixed now at least cause i havent seen any water in the trunk.
DSC02086.jpg

DSC02088.jpg

my new toy and $250 taken away from my car. ive wanted it since it came out and its actually on sale. ive already apologized to my car and weve made peace :) .

HandoEX

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!! Sounds like you've made a decent start on your car....any future mods in mind? IMO the car will look much better with the pin stripe removed. Good luck with the new ride and let us know if you need anything while you're here.

Back