My system rundown for Hush.... :)

NINaudio

Reaction score
Since the move to the new board I guess I'll post my system specs in here again for those interested.

HU: Sony Mobile ES CDX-C910 (from before sony turned to junk)
Amp: Audison VRX 4.300 EX2
Full Range: Boston Acoustic Pro Series 6.5^3
Sub: 12" Image Dynamics IDMax

I'm at work now, so I can't post any pics, but I'll try to get them later tonight when I get home.

I don't have rear fill speakers, I don't really miss them. I enjoy my sound in front of me. My midrange and tweets are up in the corners of the dash and my mid-bass speakers are in the doors. The sub is in a 1.5^3 ft sealed box in my trunk right behind the rear seat with the sub facing the back of the car (for now). The components get about 100w/channel and the sub gets approx. 600w, all from the Audison.

I am overall quite pleased with the system, although I wouldn't mind a bit more midbass kick. Still have to fiddle with the eq on the amp a bit for that. I will also probably try moving the sub box around to see how it sounds/feels in different positions.

I am running a 150 amp alternator and an optima yellow top battery.

NINaudio

Reaction score
No, I haven't heard of them. What forum is talking about them?

Hush

Reaction score
i like your set up, to bad i won't be having a box, i'm getting it side mounted from my brothers shop cuase i don't need crazy sound, i just want something better then stock, i need my trunk space alot for all my stuff. if i could i'd get a box but i need space. and how did you mount the box? i was thinking about that when i was going to get a box. my friend's do it the most ghetto way but hey it works, they use bungee cords and tie it to their rear strut bar, but i can't do that cuase our cars sturts are in the seats, well atlest the 4 doors. all i'm aimming for is a 0.6cuft or space.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
NINaudio said:
No, I haven't heard of them. What forum is talking about them?

www.icixsound.com , there's a whole forum area labeled like "URAL Group Buy" or something about updates & now a sign-up sheet. Ben Milne from Elemental Designs bought one to use in their new demo-car, and after a few interest threads they've been helping setup the group buy.

Hush, I've heard of a few people using bungee cords, I agree its ghetto. You can buy some L-brackets or some metal stripping and screw one side into your box & the other side into the rear deck. or mount it to the sides on the wheel wells

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ha, thats not ghetto at all. theres nothing holding my box down except for gravity and the friction of the carpets. its too cold to figure out a way to bolt it down right now. hey, it doesnt move one bit, and neither does the amp so im happy. not like im pulling any serious g's with my stock suspension and 205 lifeliner sle tires as it is...

NINaudio

Reaction score
Well, it was screwed in with a bracket, but the screws came out with my spirited driving. :eek: For now though I have it bungeed in as well. Hard to really notice with black bungees and the dark gray carpeting. I found a place in the seat back that I could hook them into, so that's what I did. When it gets a bit warmer I'll have to figure out how to get it mounted so it'll stay.....

ryon527

Reaction score
I just used small nails and nailed the prickly side of a velcro strip to the bottom of the box and my box hasn't moved at all.

NINaudio

Reaction score
Mine was wedged in pretty good between the rear bulkheads, but it still didn't help....lol.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I just used small nails and nailed the prickly side of a velcro strip to the bottom of the box and my box hasn't moved at all.

yea, thats liek what i did, except i was a little more lazy about it........i just took 2 equal length "prickly sides" and stuck them together, so it was like a double sided prickly, haha, and put it under the box. worked fine, had no problems until my system was stolen. now i have to go up to walmart and get some damn velcro, haha.

Back