Headers for F23A1?

hndaccrd2000

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone know whether or not Megan Racing headers are just as good as DC Sports? The SS Megan header is about half the price of the SS DC Sports header....and the ceramic one is still more expensive. Has anyone ever had any problems with either of these?

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
hndaccrd2000 said:
I was just wondering if anyone know whether or not Megan Racing headers are just as good as DC Sports? The SS Megan header is about half the price of the SS DC Sports header....and the ceramic one is still more expensive. Has anyone ever had any problems with either of these?
I had a Megan Header and cat-back exhaust before I put my turbo on. It was cheap, sounded good and only took me about half an hour to install. I think the header is worth the money. Their cat-back exhaust sounds really good too. A real low deep throaty sound. Not to loud. Not to high pitched like a crotch rocket.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i want to get a header soon, after i get my axel back, and i was alos looking at either the megan ss or the dc ss, and since the megan ss is cheeper, how reliable is it? and durability wise too, hows that go?

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
i want to get a header soon, after i get my axel back, and i was alos looking at either the megan ss or the dc ss, and since the megan ss is cheeper, how reliable is it? and durability wise too, hows that go?
Like I said. I had the Megan SS. No problems out of it. Easy installation. No worries. It is worth the money. If you are looking to geth both. I bought both of mine as a package deal. Header and cat-back(I would recommend a cat-back vs. axle-back) for about $400. Not that expensive.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, id rather get a cat back, but im gonna go with the HKS super dragger axel back, then get a custom midpipe. hopefuly this new year will also bring me some sort of lowering springs/coilovers, but not this early yet, later on.

aaahhhh, so many plans, such little time AND money, haha.

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yea, id rather get a cat back, but im gonna go with the HKS super dragger axel back, then get a custom midpipe. hopefuly this new year will also bring me some sort of lowering springs/coilovers, but not this early yet, later on.

aaahhhh, so many plans, such little time AND money, haha.
I dont understand why you want to do all that. When there are plenty of inexpensive cat-back systems out there. If you want to get the cat-back first. Then Megans cat-back is about $250-270. You can even bolt it up yourself. It will cost you probably more than that to get all that custom work done.

Casmello

Reaction score
yo I got the DC Sports headers, they are nice and sound good but the only problem I had was the flex pipe.. Not sure why it went bad but it took about 8 months and it was shot. There was air shootin out of it, and more on the top so I know i didnt scrape and **** it up myself, I welded my stock flex pipe and works just as good. just a heads up

some pics of them
Headers1
Headers2

Muyo

Reaction score
I like OBX Stainless Steel

like $160 shipped on ebay

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
i have a megan header and as soon as i put it on i had problems with it. it made this whizzing sound. i checked it out and the headers were warped. i told the people who i bought it from and they sent me another one. i had the same problem on the second set that they had sent me. i took the headers to a machine shop and the machined the flange for me for 20 bucks and my headers were way better than when i first started out but still made that whizzing sound. i personally did notice a difference in the performance and they look really good. how much are you looking to pay for headers

Back