Intake filters

chaser226

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that it is okay to have an ebay intake but then get a better filter like AEM or K&N...My question is, where is a good place to buy just the filter? Anywhere with good prices? Also, is it one size fit all or do I have to measure the pipe? I bought the car as is, and the filter looks very dirty...

Thanks..

Last edited:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
yeah, k&n filter and ebay intake is just as good as buying a full intake. just make sure the filter and pipe diameters match. ur pipe size should be around 3 inches?

its possible to make different diameters fit, but it takes a lil more work.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
well im not really sure, but my stock intake has a diameter of 3'', so ur pipe should be around that size.

just take off ur old filter and measure how big the opening is.

Last edited:

tiktawk

Reaction score
yeah, k&n filter and ebay intake is just as good as buying a full intake. just make sure the filter and pipe diameters match. ur pipe size should be around 3 inches?

its possible to make different diameters fit, but it takes a lil more work.

I agree. :thumbsup: I bought a Bomz racing SRI ($38) and then put on a K&N filter ($50).

simplicity

Reaction score
I just ordered a K&N filter from Amazon for $27 free shipping.

Check the intake pipe, but mine was around 3inches so I just made sure the filter flange is 3 inches.

There's another filter similar in size but for $47, I think it's because it has a chrome top...I don't see anything else that is different.

dynasty

Reaction score
I agree. :thumbsup: I bought a Bomz racing SRI ($38) and then put on a K&N filter ($50).

do you have the exact link to it? i'm not sure what's the size for the inlet. i also have Bomz Racing SRI.

Back