USC vs. Texas

klee

Reaction score
Ok Wildman, I'm surprised you have posted anything about this Rose Bowl. Personally, I was born and raised in So. Cali and I can't stand USC. I'm with Texas on this one. It's going to be interesting stopping Reggie Bush but USC is going to have to deal with Vince Young. By the way, Florida pissed me off when the QB threw that safety in favor for Penn State. The game was over right there. Anyone else want to chime in with their pick?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the PSU vs FSU game was annoying... a game of missed FGs!! aarrgghh!!

i'm with USC tonite... bro went ot USC and we've been a trojan fan ever since... also a purdue fan, but they didn't make it to a bowl this yr :( GO TROJANS!! 3 straight baby!!

klee

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
the PSU vs FSU game was annoying... a game of missed FGs!! aarrgghh!!

i'm with USC tonite... bro went ot USC and we've been a trojan fan ever since... also a purdue fan, but they didn't make it to a bowl this yr :( GO TROJANS!! 3 straight baby!!

Yeah, those field goal kicks pissed me off as well. WTF, free points right there.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
good game..... but i surely lost all respect for USC defence... i think they pressured him like twice in the entire game? young had all the time in the world to throw the goddamn football

also, i just can't stand vince young.... tht guy is too cocky for his own good

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
awesome game... and sorry for all you USC fans but Young > Lineart by a lot. Young ran by himself for 199 yards lol. As for Lineart, of course a QB is going to have good stats when he has a running back who can catch and dodge people like Bush can, and having Lewis out there to pass to as well. I mean with that kind of a roster, you'd have to be a pretty **** QB not to get the stats he does. I'm not saying he isn't a good QB by any means, just overrated.

And I was getting frustrated with Texas in the beginning with their 2 fumbles. And then laughed my *** off when Bush got overzealous and tried to lateral it :p lol

But I'm happy, I picked Texas to win :D

klee

Reaction score
Wildman said:
awesome game... and sorry for all you USC fans but Young > Lineart by a lot. Young ran by himself for 199 yards lol. As for Lineart, of course a QB is going to have good stats when he has a running back who can catch and dodge people like Bush can, and having Lewis out there to pass to as well. I mean with that kind of a roster, you'd have to be a pretty **** QB not to get the stats he does. I'm not saying he isn't a good QB by any means, just overrated.

And I was getting frustrated with Texas in the beginning with their 2 fumbles. And then laughed my *** off when Bush got overzealous and tried to lateral it :p lol

But I'm happy, I picked Texas to win :D

LLOOONNGGGHOOORRRNNNSSSS BABY!!! I tend to agree with Wildman's point in regards to Leinharts. Bush and White made Leinhart look pretty good. It's going to be interesting when he goes to the pros and see how he is effected with different receivers. Yes, Texas was highly frustrating during the first quarter. Allot of key mistakes especially in the 4th with the roughing the passer call. I have no idea why Reggie threw the ball for a lateral, a huge mistake in my mind. That might of been the game winner right there. Vince Young look pretty damn good on the field. Sadly the whole game was pretty much ran by him. None of the Texas receivers can get open much less hold the damn ball! I have to give extra credit to Texas's defensive line, awesome! Same with USC's line to open the holes for White! Either way, I'm super happy that USC lost.

Last edited:

HandoEX

Reaction score
What a great game....back and forth and tons of fun to watch!

I'm really suprised that no one has brought up the fact that Leinart went from a Heisman Trophy winning, national championship winning, almost guaranteed #1 overall pick last year, to 3rd in the Heisman, losing the championship game and no chance of going #1. My how things changed when he stayed for his senior year!

Anyways, nice win for Texas. Brown has taken a lot of criticism over the years so it was nice to see him bring the championship to the Longhorns. We'll see if they can make another run next year if Young stays and the n00bs can perform.

klee

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
What a great game....back and forth and tons of fun to watch!

I'm really suprised that no one has brought up the fact that Leinart went from a Heisman Trophy winning, national championship winning, almost guaranteed #1 overall pick last year, to 3rd in the Heisman, losing the championship game and no chance of going #1. My how things changed when he stayed for his senior year!

Anyways, nice win for Texas. Brown has taken a lot of criticism over the years so it was nice to see him bring the championship to the Longhorns. We'll see if they can make another run next year if Young stays and the n00bs can perform.

I get this feeling Leinart was hoping for a second Heisman trophy. Even though his rankings dropped a bit, I have no doubt he will be an excellent pick and still make decent money.

Back