Upgrade System

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
My peoples! its me again! lol once again i have questions. when will it ever stop? lol newho, i'll give u a run down on wha i have:
-alpine type r 12" sub. 2ohm
-mtx 4250D mono amp
-Infinity Reference 6x9-rear
-Polk 6.5-front (passenger blown)
-Rockford Fosgate 400.4- 4ch amp
-Lighting Audio 1 farad Cap.
-Pioneer deh-8500

my question is, wha should i upgrade? as far as speakers, i wanna go with infinity all around. the 4 ch amp i might just keep n not change. i do wanna upgrade my mono amp to the kenwood 9152 mono n hook it up to the type r. ACCORDing to paper (once again) it should hit good. and last but not least, i wanna upgrade my battery to a yellow top and get a grounding kit.

if neone has ne suggestions on wha i should or shouldnt do.. please feel free to let a fellow 6thgen kno. ill be lookin forward to it!
-EliteStyles

Twobit

Reaction score
I suggest you go all infinity. I have infinitys and they work magic. Same with the subs, don't go alpine Infinitys hit soooooo hard

Alizezaccord

Reaction score
I will go with either Eclipse, Infinity, or Alpine. Personally I would go Eclipse for mids and highs, espicially with an amp to them. You get more out of them. Keep the Rockford amp and put those on your mids and highs. Then I will get the Rockford Fosgate Punch 3002 and one JL w3v2 sub. If you keep the Alpine sub you can still go with Rockford Fosgate Punch 3002 or 4002.

Hush

Reaction score
i dunno do you want SQ or something that hits hard, for me i want SQ so i'm going with diamond audio 4 channel amp and ED speakers and IDQ10 with a fiberglass side box. if i wanted something that hits hard for cheap i'd go with kicker subs, kicker speakers and kicker amp, all are cheap and no sq, it just hits hard. with me i want all SQ i want to beable to hear the lyrics or the song from the street to my garage. i hate hearing a system from the outside and all it goes is boom, i want to hear the lyrics and whats going on in the song. i'm more of a clean sounding system nut. but thats just me. also for both set ups i'd go with alpine CDA either the 9835 if you can still find it or the 9855. i rahter have the 9835 over the 9855 cuz of the glade pad thing, people said that its hard to use when your looking through folders of your MP3s.

Twobit

Reaction score
if your going to go with JL for subs get a W7 or something, they hit the hardest and give you the best response. Goto a dedicated shop and ask them what they thinks best. Not best buy or circuit city. One that holds W7's and competition type equipment for audio/video. I went to a place and they were gutting and redoing the interior to a Twin Turbo Mazda 6. Nothin to see but bare metal and the dash but they were even swappin that out. Be careful in your selection, I guarantee you infinity subs give you best response if you decide you don't want to go with a W7. 100$ per 12 and they hit great

NINaudio

Reaction score
My personal favorites for subs are the idmax and jl w6v2. Both hit hard and sound great doing it.

Why do you want to change out the sub amp? Is there something wrong with it? Does it not put out enough power? What is that Alpine sub rated to handle? What kind of box are you putting it in?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Twobit said:
if your going to go with JL for subs get a W7 or something, they hit the hardest and give you the best response.
dub7's are $950 each :eek:. yes, they sound amazing, and for that money they should and do. w6's are more reasonably priced, and still sound great. personally, and for the money, id go for the w3's. i paid $100 for mine used (not the greatest shape but, meh, im the only one who sees it and im poor). they are about 400 rms each (if i remember right--mines a v1 rated at 300), and sound AMAZING. of all the subs ive owned--pioneer, 2 different audiobahn systems--nothing goes as low as has the punch of a w3. they are very well priced, and id go with 2 of em, if youre the 2 woofer kind of person:p. i have mine in a w6 box hooked up to 600 watts. you cant hear it a block away, but who cares? it hits and goes low, and has good response. i had 2 audiobahns on the same amp, and i put the jl in their place and it was just as loud and way tighter. i installed my first stereo in 8th grade, and jl's are the only subs i can fully recommend for any type of music, and the only brand ill buy until someone else shows me something better for the price. when i get some extra cash (i can dream, right?), im getting a bigger amp and a w6.

NINaudio

Reaction score
I'd go shop somewhere else if someone tried to sell me a w7 for $950! That's a rip off no matter how you look at it.....

I'm not surprised you love the jl's after coming from pioneer and audiobahn. Neither of them can really compare to JL in terms of subwoofer SQ, especially in the lower end of the price range

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
NINaudio said:
I'd go shop somewhere else if someone tried to sell me a w7 for $950! That's a rip off no matter how you look at it.....

I'm not surprised you love the jl's after coming from pioneer and audiobahn. Neither of them can really compare to JL in terms of subwoofer SQ, especially in the lower end of the price range
w7's were 950 when they first came out. i think theyre down to 800 something now. but man, theyre the best sounding woofers ive ever heard, next to the focal 13" (cant remember the model number, but its about a $1000). speaking of the old woofers, ive still got the audiobahns at my parents house. alum12q in a sealed box, and 2 awc12's in a dual sealed box. $150 each, anyone interested? :rolleyes: each box can take 1000 rms. dont know about shipping them though. thats why theyre not up for sale on here or ebay. i could probly figure something out. they sound alright. on the 300 rms amp i have now, you could hear the 2 12's a block away, easy. ahh, those were the days...

Back