Dynamat?

Alizezaccord

Reaction score
Before I install my kit has anyone installed dynamat into their car,(trunk lid, rear panel, doors......) if so does it stop the rattling in the trunk? Mostly for the coupe models. Do you notice a different in sound also?

HandoEX

Reaction score
Alizezaccord said:
Before I install my kit has anyone installed dynamat into their car,(trunk lid, rear panel, doors......) if so does it stop the rattling in the trunk? Mostly for the coupe models. Do you notice a different in sound also?
I installed a trunk kit in my sedan. The kit consisted of 2 sheets of Dynamat Extreme and 3 sheets of Dynamat Original. The Extreme is super sticky and easy to install. The original is pretty worthless and hard to install. It made a HUGE difference though...the bass is tighter and the sound is clearer...I can actually hear music with the kit installed instead of rattle and buzz:)

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
I installed a trunk kit in my sedan. The kit consisted of 2 sheets of Dynamat Extreme and 3 sheets of Dynamat Original. The Extreme is super sticky and easy to install. The original is pretty worthless and hard to install. It made a HUGE difference though...the bass is tighter and the sound is clearer...I can actually hear music with the kit installed instead of rattle and buzz:)

I usee the same kit on my coupe, and I put some extra on my tag and the bumper to stop it from rattling.

HandoEX

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
I usee the same kit on my coupe, and I put some extra on my tag and the bumper to stop it from rattling.
Good idea. I double layered the trunk lid and put Extreme on my liscense plate as well. The more you use the better it will sound. Not that heavy either, as some people might tell ya.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
chances are very good you won't be able to kill all the rattles, but it should help quite a bit.

other brands/products that do the same thing for cheaper - brown bread, second skin, edead

Alizezaccord

Reaction score
I have a few sheets of dynamat that I am using in combination with liquid spray.

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
ive got it wrapped in the trunk. not the entire.. but just where the bumper is at, and the trunk lid. no rattle at all...EXCEPT my oem spoiler. sh*t rattles like a bitch. still tryin to figure out how get rid of it. prob double layer might do it. i dunno yet.
-Elitestyles

Hush

Reaction score
haha funny i see someone asking about this, i just worked on my friends RSX since wed. we used the liquid Edead and the mats as well. if your doing the whole car you need to take time. theres alot of places on the car that takes, what feels like forever. you have to cut small werid *** peices just to get them on right around clips. the trunk was so easy though, just get some from edead and since they give you a huge roll cut about 1ft squares and you'll be fine. the thing that took long was we had to left the liquid edead to dry other then that, if we just mated the car it would have taken 2 days. i'm talking about the WHOLE car though not just trunk, trunk will take you maybe 2 hours max if you get it from edead and cut 1ftsqs that makes it so much easier. over all it made the ride more quite but then again he didn't finish the rear quarter panels so you dont' get the full effect, cuz he wanted to use fill foem. but over all i like it. since its so much to do the whole car and i drive a 4 door, it'll take forever to mat everything so i'll start on my trunk first, over the summer after i drop my car.

Back