Removing the silicone from...

iheartmycg22

Reaction score
Hey guys! Noob here! hah... I just recently blackhoused my headlights today! :thumbsup: yay! but unfortunatly as I was prying the left headlight open.. some of the silicone stuck itself onto the front of the headlight... any suggestions on how to get it off? I tried a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wet hot rag.. but nope. I was thinking Goo Gone? Yes? No?... Regular "all purpose" degreaser apparently doesnt work.... So YEAH, I would appreciate any thoughts that would help! Pics will be posted up sooooooooooon!

01 Accord V6 Coupe
- AEM Short Ram Intake
- Konig 17'' Ultra Lightweight Hurry
- TEIN Super Steet Damperrrrrrrrr

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
how did you open them? heatgun or oven? make it hot once more and it should come off. btw welcome :)

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
welcome! for me i used some of the silicone from the headlight and keep poking at it till it picks it all off. but after u used all of those techniques, iono if that would work anymore. haha good luck

nexTOme

Reaction score
im thinking of sanding them down when i get my hands on retro fit project....tired of looking at headlight which only proves that i am clumsy on diy job....haha

just got ebay version projector tho....just to hold me till retro fit is done....

iheartmycg22

Reaction score
ryan s said:
how did you open them? heatgun or oven? make it hot once more and it should come off. btw welcome :)

flathead screwdriver. oven. i had the headlight on a piece of cardboard and i was sitting "indian stlye" but uhhh... as i was prying the top side; the headlight slid and tipped over towards me(the front of the headlight facing me) and i suppose the silicone slid as well towards the front of the headlight. I tried reheating it and scratching it off with my finger, but its pretty much annoying and takes forever as trying to scratch off the adhesives after stickers are pulled. :beer:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i just looked at another set of headlights i have with some silicone on the lens, and it looks like the fingernail method will be the best way sorry :( after you get most of it off, you can use some meguirs plast-x or wet sand with some 2000 grit sandpaper to make it smooth.

ryon527

Reaction score
try stoners tarminator, goo gone, hairdryer. Maybe waxing it would work.

iheartmycg22

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thanks for all your help! But I just recently had it taken care of! Apparently Goo Gone IS one of the things NEEDED in life! :thumbsup: Here a shot of my 01 V6 Coupe from today! :beer:

Acchead.jpg

Back