I'm new to this

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just joined up yesterday and am looking for some advice on upgrading my stereo. I drive a white '01 V6 sedan, all stock. This is my first car so i'm obviously pretty new to the mod business. I'm looking to spend around 1K on the stereo (everything), what do you recommend for this price range? I have a friend that's big into audio and swears by Hifonics, which i've looked up and seem to be a pretty good price for what i'm told is quality. I listen to mostly hardcore/metal but i like to throw in rap from time to time also. I'm mostly looking for sound quality, instead of just loudness. what do you guys recommend?

ryon527

Reaction score
I like pioneer premier headunits and elemental designs subs. Just take your time researching and pricing out things. Make sure you also do some sound deadening in the car.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
i hear for rock 10" is pretty good because of speedy response rates.

so i'd say pioneer headunit with 2 10" subs.
i hear that JL and infinity have great quality.

as for amp i'm lost.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
With a G-note to spend, I'd say stick with Alpine or Pioneer. I'm an Alpine HU person. I have Alpine sources and amps, Fosgate wiring, an Infinity Sub, and Boston Acoustics speakers.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if youre going for SQ stick with one sub. personally, id go with a 12" since you play rap here and there. ill sell you my amp and jl sub lol i want something different again.

headunit: premier 880-prs
front speakers: (depends on if you want 2 amps or not so ill wait on a recommendation)
amp: depends on power...id stick with 300-500rms
sub: 12" of some kind. if you want to run 500rms or less and want to use a small box i highly recommend the DIYMA reference...also notice there is a forum link...i belong over there and the people are great and will answer questions--just SEARCH first :)

Back