Wanting to upgrade speaker system

NC Representa

Reaction score
All my speakers are stock and I don't have a sub and my head unit is also stocl (in dash 6 disc cd changer). I want some speakers that sound clean and hit hard. Kinda like the 06 maximas? How probable is that? Will I need a amp?

nexTOme

Reaction score
does 06 maximas come with bose sound system? i know my dad's 95 came with it stock...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Questions to answer:
-What's your price limit?
-Do you want to keep your stock head unit?
-How handy are you?

wg2k7

Reaction score
im in the process of doing this also, my subs are actually being delivered today, got an amp and dist block yesterday, amp a few weeks ago, and comps are coming within a week. good luck with you build, but you need to give us some more info in order to help you.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Speakers don't "hit hard" per say. That's what a sub is for. Yes, the 06 Maxima is a Bose system, *cough* garbage *cough*!!! I'd never want my car to sound like a Bose system.

Any moderately priced aftermarket system will knock the doors off of a Bose system. Like Wildman said, we need to know more about your goals and abilities.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Speakers don't "hit hard" per say. That's what a sub is for. Yes, the 06 Maxima is a Bose system, *cough* garbage *cough*!!! I'd never want my car to sound like a Bose system.

You have to admit thogh, a Bose system offers the best surround & balanced sound available stock.
The only thing I don't like is that the base fades when the volume increases.

Uisgdlyast

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.
My plan was to get a 4-channel amp, only front speakers, and maybe a sub. I still want to use the back speakers, but keep them stock(I can lower the power on the amp for the back, right?).

I'm also thinking that with the right setup i'm assuming I can have an 4-channel amp, just fronts, and a sub(if i bridge two channels)? Can this be done for ~$300? I just need something thats better than stock.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
$300 is kind of a tight budget for that. You'd have to be willing to build your own box, and more importantly be open to buying used for the amp at least.

Back