New Add for DropZone!

acrod99

Reaction score
So i was putting on my steelies today so that the enkies/hankooks don't get flat spots from sittin there so long, and i took some pics of my suspension. I just thought they'd be AWESOME pics for an add! Just look at how the first one captures the powdercoat peeling off, and then see the stock shock? That's there because the dropzone shock exploded last fall, but i'm sure that has nothing to do with the quality parts from DropZone.
img18672zc.jpg
img18683ke.jpg

Oh yea-this is a joke-never get anything from this company-these springs/shocks were installed last year. Yeah. This is why i need a new setup. Comments?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
man, they should pay people to put their sh!t on. that metal looks like stuff in my grandma's barn. none of its been used since the 70s. the companies that make a profit by making cool looking cheap products are the worst. people just want something that looks cool and thats it. this company should be out of business by now with horrid stuff like this. any type of warranty on em? maybe you could issue a complaint with them, especially if a shock blew out. what are you going to replace em with? goin for the omnipowers perhaps? im really curious about how they ride and their quality. and i thought you were going to sell your car...?

acrod99

Reaction score
I do plan to sell it, but i'm keepin it for 1 more season of shows-i've got 3 trophies, i'd like to add a few more before i let her go. But i can't sell it with this crap anyway, so once the fundage is up enough, i plan to go Omnipower, yes.
Oh-and funny how the stock shock is in great shape and it's what, like 6 years old!

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
ryan s said:
goin for the omnipowers perhaps? im really curious about how they ride and their quality.

and heres omnipowers new ad...

DSC01983.jpg

look the way they did when they came out of the factory :D

Ive ridden on them for about 4 months now and I love them. Huge upgrade over my stock shock spring combo. Basically, it rides alot stiffer, some say

bumpy, I say stiff, im a glass is half full kinda guy, I'd rather have a stiff ride where you can feel the ride, than the floaty stock ride, you certainly feel the

road. Ride comfort really just depends on what kinda road surface your on. Handling is alot more responsive and tighter. For some reason my steering

wheel lightened up alot. Height adjustment is a little tedious, you have to unbolt the top shock bolts and twist it. these shocks are no where near as

smooth as tokicos or konis, but I didnt get them so I can drive grandma around, I got "performance" shocks to upgrade my cars handling

"performance" . All im saying is "for the price" its the best combo of quality, handling, adjustability, and ride feel.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
and heres omnipowers new ad...

DSC01983.jpg

look the way they did when they came out of the factory :D

Ive ridden on them for about 4 months now and I love them. Huge upgrade over my stock shock spring combo. Basically, it rides alot stiffer, some say

bumpy, I say stiff, im a glass is half full kinda guy, I'd rather have a stiff ride where you can feel the ride, than the floaty stock ride, you certainly feel the

road. Ride comfort really just depends on what kinda road surface your on. Handling is alot more responsive and tighter. For some reason my steering

wheel lightened up alot. Height adjustment is a little tedious, you have to unbolt the top shock bolts and twist it. these shocks are no where near as

smooth as tokicos or konis, but I didnt get them so I can drive grandma around, I got "performance" shocks to upgrade my cars handling

"performance" . All im saying is "for the price" its the best combo of quality, handling, adjustability, and ride feel.
whew, that looks good! up here theres so much salt on the roads...they salted last night, and it hasnt snowed since monday night! theres no snow on the ground, and its (get this) 53 degrees outside. i had the moonroof open this morning, in january!...anyway...theyre stiff, thats fine with me. theyre not bouncy, are they? acrod, were the dropzones bouncy or were they ok? are you riding on one stock shock, or is it on to hold the car up while you drive the bmw? theres a slammed (i mean ON THE GROUND) 5th gen around and the wheels look like theyre going to hop off the ground everytime he hits a bump. ridiculous. id love some apexis or teins but the $$$ just isnt there. sounds like omnis are worth it.

acrod99

Reaction score
We popped in the stock one the day after the blowout. It's basically the exact same vaving so the rebound is not any different than the aftermarket, which means i could run all stock shocks and have the same ride as those cheapo's. As for ride-they are extremely stiff-but you gotta think that with near stock shocks, there's not much travel, so it's gonna suck till i get actual coilovers. Omnipowers look better and better.

theaccordian

Reaction score
dont get me wrong these are bouncy. But not bouncy in the sense your banging your head on the roof and bouncing all over the place. I dont know how to

explain it, but its a stiff bounce. The car will hit the bump, youll feel a bump, and then itll recover quick then your back rolling. also if your rocking 18s or sumthing

i dont think normal daliy dirvers will be able to handle it. Im sorry I may have been a little unclear in my first posrt. These are not smooth.. Also I think tein

and omnis are priced around the same. So if you want smooth ride to drive the gf around go for the teins. If you want performance go for omnis. Also theres no

snow and salt in cali so maybe that expalins why they havent rusted.

klee

Reaction score
ACROD99: Dude, that is terrible! I have never seen anything like that!

TheAccordian: What is your spring rate front and back?

theaccordian

Reaction score
I have the street setup so front=10k rear= 8k. I dont know how to translate that to lbs though.

Back