Ipod help

hiperb0y

Reaction score
So searched around and found info on connecting the ipod to either an aftermarket HU or the single CD factory HU, does anyone know how to directly connect it to the 6 indash CD changer for a 01 accord?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
There are a couple of wayc to do this.

1) You can get an FM modulater from Best Buy or something.
THen you tune your radio to 88.3 and listen to the I-pod from there
***DOWNSIDE***
Sometimes reception isn't that great.

2) Aftermarket HU's usually have audio inputs. You can run a wire from the I-pod to the back of the HU (which is what I did). That way you'll have a nice direct signal with no interference
***DOWNSIDE***
You'll have a visible wire somewhere. (personally, it doesn't bother me)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
3rd way, if your HU doesn't have an extra input, you can purchase the ip-bus connector for adding a CD player and mod it to accept RCA's

talontsiawd

Reaction score
One thing, do you want to be able to control you ipod, or just get the sound off of it. I own a small mp3 player (non ipod) and just use an adapter for my alpine HU. Works fine. But some people want to be able to control it off the deck, or through wheel contols, etc.

If you are set on stock, you can check out Peripheral-http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/sitemap.asp My dad has that installed on his s2000, he loves it. It's a little bit slower than using the ipod manually but it retains all the stockness, all the controlls, and all that. My dad is an "aftermarket hater" and is pretty impressed so that alone tells me it is good.

On the contrary, i've never heard a stock system that impressed me so a good HU could be the foundation for a much better system. You obviously will spend more (or should imo) but then the adapters are only $15 or so. That's the route i would recommend.

champaned_out

Reaction score
dont get a FM transmitter... those things are expensive and they suck, the sound quality of using a fm transmitter is worse than listening to a casette tape

lwlba

Reaction score
dont get a FM transmitter... those things are expensive and they suck, the sound quality of using a fm transmitter is worse than listening to a casette tape

i agree.... a friend had it and it was shiitty... might as well listen to it through ur headsets

white beauty

Reaction score

agreed also, i had one for a while, and half the time another radio station would come in and out, and i was on a channle that had no radio station on it, figure that one out, but once i got my alpine HU the wire is like 30 bucks and u connect it to the back and run it to the front of ur HU and connect the ipod there, like blacknights said though u will have a black cord hangin in front but its really not noticable

steadypimpin

Reaction score
doesnt the 6 disc in dash have a tape deck too? If it does then get the tape that has a headphone jack that comes out of it and use that. They're like 10 bucks.

.ndraaaa

Reaction score
nah, you can't connect ipod connector with the ones with built in cd changer. you can only have the ipod connector thing with the older generation cd player (from 98-00). wanna trade with mine? i have the ipod connector in there too :deal:

well, i'd say the best way is to plug in a cassete adapter. make sure you get the decent ones, otherwise it's going to produce a noticeable amount of hissing noises.

hiperb0y

Reaction score
ok i think ill get the cassette adapter based on the negativeness of the fm transmitter haha thanks for the help guys

Back