Auxilary inputs on the front of in dash recievers

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I dont have an ipod, I do have an MP3 player though. My question is that a lot of the new car stereos come with an auxilary input headphone jack style on the front face of the radio. Does anyone know if I could just plug my mp3 player in that and thats it? Thanks for your help guys.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
ya that's what they are there for. plug it in, and switch to auxiliary input on the deck and that's all there should be to it

ryon527

Reaction score
yeah you just need a cord with male plugs on both ends and that should be it

dynasty

Reaction score
sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know an alternative of using AUX when the headunit doesn't come with AUX? i don't like FM transmitter that much since it make small static noises.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know an alternative of using AUX when the headunit doesn't come with AUX? i don't like FM transmitter that much since it make small static noises.

Those R the only two options.

A direct signal through the AUX input with RCA cables

OR

FM modulator to the FM station.

Ther are different ways of going about this, but eventually you'll end up using the FM signal or a direct signal

steadypimpin

Reaction score
My stupid car stereo is dying on me, I cant even listen to cds anymore. It got stuck in there this morning and its showing no disc on the screen. Its been acting up on me where the lights will go out on the radio and still have sound. I think its dying on me so Im moving on.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
My stupid car stereo is dying on me, I cant even listen to cds anymore. It got stuck in there this morning and its showing no disc on the screen. Its been acting up on me where the lights will go out on the radio and still have sound. I think its dying on me so Im moving on.

CLicky

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score

steadypimpin

Reaction score
Thanks blacknight but I have an amp and subs so I am just gonna buy a new aftermarket stereo. The funny thing is that about a month ago I gave my aunt my old accord cd player for her 1999 accord since she had a tape deck. Now I need a new one. I would have used the old one until I get the new one I want.

Back