Power Steering Boost Adjustable?

Bearcat

Reaction score
I feel that there is too much power steering boost and too little road feel. Is there a way to make the steering effort higher (maybe 30%) without removing the ps unit?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
run the PS with lower fluid levels... tht usually works in my celica... after some leaking (but b4 it dries out), the steering wheel would get heavier.... just a thought tho :D

6THGEN_AI4

Why is it that everyone wants a hard feel steering, its comfortable. I was in Houston this weekend and I drove my cousin's cavalier and $hit I was so desperate to come back home to drive my baby again...

Bearcat

Reaction score
I drove another 01 and his steering felt much better: soft at low speed and harder at higher speed. He had 205/60/15 tires and my was stock 195/65/15. I don't know if that made the difference. My fluid level is at high mark.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
his tires may just have stiffer sidewalls, which means the tires to roll over on themselves as much when turning

f23accord2000

Reaction score
Why is it that everyone wants a hard feel steering, its comfortable. I was in Houston this weekend and I drove my cousin's cavalier and $hit I was so desperate to come back home to drive my baby again...

chevys have terrible stearing its sloppy and you cant easly take on finger and spinn the wheel like 10 times with out using any muscle chevy stearing sucks there ps stearing ussly goes like at 50 k

Bearcat

Reaction score
There is a flow control valve in the ps system. I wonder if I can mess with the system to get the proper assistance from the pw.

Back