My '01 Accord Coupe EX

Ominous8204

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Chris and I'm the proud owner of a used 2001 Accord Coupe EX. She's a 4 cylinder 4spd A/T, but I can live with that. I bought the car last Thursday for $6k at a car auction with 108,300 odd miles. After driving her around a couple days, I noticed wierd shifting from 1st to 2nd. I thought it might be a simple fix, you know...maybe just change the tranny fluid...maybe try some of the well spoken Amsoil. But instead of changing the fluid, I decided I'd call up Honda. They told me to bring her in and they'd do a test on her. So I did. Come to find out, the tranny is bad :furious: . Six K down the drain....right???...wrong. Honda just got through with a lawsuit over the odometer readings....warranty was bumped up to 109K miles :run: . In the end, free tranny FTW!!

Now for the pics:

As soon as I find a set of stock tails, these are coming off.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7643

DSC_3906.jpg

DSC_3895.jpg

DSC_3934.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on mods, please help me out, I'm ready to start.

One last thing. I don't think my sunroof is opening all the way, is it supposed to go back nearly all the way, or does a good bit of glass usually stick out? I'll get pics ASAP.

Ominous8204

Reaction score
O yea, I debadged and depinstripped and de-dealershipped her as soon as I got her home.

dynasty

Reaction score
what i would do is, buy the red stained glass spray and spray your altezza.

Ominous8204

Reaction score
Not bd, but someone is missing a front lug nut.
Or is it the entire stud you're missing

Actually, I am missing a lug, but there is a nut on the stud (for now). I'm looking around for a cheap lug to replace the nut.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
eh it looks good, and you can always tint the tail lights for now if you dont mind spending a few bucks. the sides look ok, but the center piece of the tails is fugly. ur gonna have fun with this car tho for sure:thumbsup:

Ominous8204

Reaction score
I'm spending the money and going back stock on the taillights, LH, RH, and Center.

rwong410

Reaction score
There is usually a little bit of glass jutting out in the sunroof

By the way, get your some springs and drop it

Back