Switchblade key alarm system

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Just so you know that key will NOT start your car. It'll only open doors and the trunk.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
What you can do is this... (this is what I did)

Get a remote start + Alarm system + DEI Transponder bypass.

Then you'll be able to use this key. The catch is, you will not be able to start your car with your key. Instead, you'll have to use your remote start to start your car, and then just use the key to drive. Been doing it for 6+ months now with a nice aftermarket key.

If you really want a flip out key, you can always pimp that
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...010QQitemZ200117077842QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
03_1.JPG

I'm currently pimping this, the red one. My oem key is really disgusting, and has gunk all over it.... sweat, grease, etc
hondakeys.jpg

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have the security of knowing it takes a chipped key to start my car..

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
^^
I think you missed my point.
Then you'll be able to use this key. The catch is, you will not be able to start your car with your key. Instead, you'll have to use your remote start to start your car, and then just use the key to drive.

You still need a chipped key to start your car. What I have offered was a way to use an unchipped after market key (usually better looking).

The point of a transponder bypass is to enable your car to start with a remote control. It only activates when the alarm system receives the proper signal from your remote. Then it only pulls the code from the bypass box to start the car.

If you just jump in your car, and attempt to start it with a unchipped key, the engine does not start. It just turns and turns, and the little transponder key light turns green on your dash.

So the downside is the inconvenience. You cannot start your car with an aftermarket key anymore, so you must have your alarm remote on you at all times.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Oh I thought you meant bypass the chips so you can use any key to start the car as long as it's cut right, my bad.

grampage

Reaction score
iuno the way i see it if I transfer the chip to the key ans start the car I got a decent alarm for 90 bux downside if i dont do it right or it doesnt work im outa 90 bux. either way Ive wasted more money at the stripclub. :hihi:

Back