I finally joined!

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
I have been on hondaaccordforum.com for a while now and I have seen quite a few posts linking this site (I think the first time I saw it was a link from j_man_honda.) I looked around for a while and decided that this site is pretty frickin sweet! I'm glad there is a site dedicated to 6th gens.
I decided to join after I saw some sick posts such as the one where the guy swapped out a V6 auto tranny for a 6 spd manual! I wouldn't have ever thought anyone would have taken the time to figure that out.
My car is stock except for the Megan racing short shift adapter. I plan on doing Intake & headers....possibly exhaust. I want to keep it as stock looking as possible. Not that I have anything against appearance mods. Right now I have those ugly wheel covers over steel wheels:furious:
Anyways...I adjust property and liability insurance claims (including auto) for a living, so if anybody needs any advice in that area, just make a post or PM me!
I look forward to getting on here as much as I can!

du3ce

Reaction score
hey this is a little oT but im looking into doing what youre doing i will have a BA in sociology and was wondering how much u make and the requirements for the job?

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
It all depends on what kind of adjuster you are my man. You gotta be prepared for some serious stress. I got my BBA with a focus on insurance and risk management. How much you make also depends on where you live. Down here in Mississippi it is almost unheard of for someone with only a 4 year degree to make anything over like $35k starting salary (unless you are an engineer or something.) As far as requirements go..it depends on what company you apply with. I work for a small company that only writes commercial property/liability (policies include: auto, inland marine, general liability, and commercial buildings.)
I know several adjusters that do not have a college degree at all. You really just have to apply at different companies. Lots of companies don't care what your background is as long as you do a good job.
I can't really tell you how much you can make though because I was hired to replace the claims manager when he retires.....I know....I got lucky.
What companies are you looking at? or do you want to be an Independent and work for many?

Back