my current project: guitar rebuild

retroshark

Reaction score
so im rebuilding my guitar.

got new pickups (two humbuckers and a single coil from an old ibanez RG), new pickguard, and some other stuff. also repainting the body. heres some pics...

100_0911%20copy.jpg

100_0912%20copy.jpg

100_0913%20copy.jpg

100_0914%20copy.jpg

100_0915%20copy.jpg

100_0916%20copy.jpg

100_0917%20copy.jpg

that was only after about 5 coats. ive done another 10-15 and about 6 of clear coat. so i have another 10 clear coats to do til its smooth, and i ****ed up the clear in one or two places where it pooled and dripped a little, but whatever. compared to the **** state it was in before, this is great. right now, the body looks really nice. im proud of it so far, its the wiring thats gonna be a bitch.

ill post pictures when i get the new pickups and the pickguard and it should be playable sooon. cant wait, its been broken for months. ill also post some clips!!

Last edited:

justvtec

Reaction score
Ya i have a squier strat it was my first guitar and then i upgraded to a Shecter omen and for the grand finale a PRS Santana Pearl white Autographed by The man himself he was the man who inspired me to play. With a Semore Duncan at the bridge and a stock at the neck(You can see it at my domain page).

retroshark

Reaction score
i love PRS guitars. they all have such sweet tone, but im more of a CHUGG man myself, so i love the Jem series ibanez guitars and the ESP's with EMG pickups. i love to play 80's metal (van halen, metallica, megadeath, denzig, mercyful fate etc...) so i went with a hum/ sing/ hum setup. should sound really nice, pretty much like a decent RG series.

justvtec

Reaction score
Ya id hate to say this but ever since i got my car i spend more time on it than me playing the guitar

retroshark

Reaction score
true that. i was saving for an jem but then i got my car... lol needless to say im stuck with a strat. but i actually forked out money from my car fund to pay for the rebuild so ill be chillin with the guitar all winter until its warm enough to work on my car, or i have enough money to buy what i want and a pair of insulated gloves!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, looks good. i tried getting into guitars a few years ago, but i never really caught on, i wasnt so good at playing, so i gave up. i traded in my calised fingertips for acid pro 4.0 :D hahahaha. also, i hate workign on my car in the winter, it sucks. i ordered an exhaust that i should deffinately have within the next 2 weeks, you guys think i should put it on or wait till like march? it is stainless, so it shoudl be fine, right? the thing i sorta got out of when i got my car was skateboarding. i still skate, but now im down to once a week, but im gonna try to do it more this spring/summer/fall, i used to love the sport, and i think im gettin more back into these days, haha, cuz i dont mind falling and beating the sh!t out of myself as much as i did, like 2 months ago and before that, haha. cant wait to see the finished product.

Av6916

Reaction score
that's pretty cool, i was like its a fender strat body but then i scrolled down and it's by squier, same company. Nice job so far. I got three guitars myself been playing for quite awhile, now i've been focusing on the piano.

retroshark

Reaction score
heres an update... got the pickups and pickguard, painted the body again, i didnt like the clear coat, and all i need is to drill some extra holes and im done!

100_0919%20copy.jpg

100_0920%20copy.jpg

100_0921%20copy.jpg

100_0922%20copy.jpg

100_0923%20copy.jpg

100_0924%20copy.jpg

Back