Eibach Prokit (I4)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Price paid - $200
Purchased from - Twin Cam Motorsports
Rating - 8.5/10

Pros-Handling is increased. Rides better than stock, imo. I was able to drop with no camber kit, just alignment. Has worked for over a year without blowing the stock shocks. Your girlfriend won't complain about the ride

Cons-A bit bumpy with stock shocks on bad roads. This is only a problem on the worst roads in my area. The back sits perfect, the front is a bit high. It should be about .25-.5 in lower. I don't understand why they didn't go staggard as without a camber kit, my camber would be about the same front and back.

Where i'm indifferent-Handling could be better. I find this to be negligable because the ride quality is great, which i was after. Ride height-not quite low enough for me but also no camber kit needed. Price, a bit high, imo, but has an excelent warrenty and they are very high quality.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
if u were looking for .5 inch drop more for the front, u should go with tanabe df210. 2 inches front, 1.5 rear. love the ride, i still havnet gotten an allignment, but that is because i am saving up for wheels anyways and am going to get an allignment once i get my wheels on. the pros and cons are pretty similar to those u listed

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I liked my prokit tons..But in the long run had to go lower..The ride was very good though..

I was on pro-kit plus stock shocks for 2+years and did not have any problems..My only problem was the gap in the front.

lyttleviet

Reaction score
yeah, everyone uses them w/stock shocks for greeat comfort. its just not sooo sporty looking. For daily drivers this is the one to go with guys!

deucescorner

Reaction score
i have them on right now, w/ some 18's like everyone says the drop is nice except for the front, but now and then i do get the urge to go lower, we'll see i guess

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, the front kind of bothers me, that's really about it. And honestly, most people don't notice it until i point it out. I bought these to "tide me over" as I was going to get coilovers. Now i'm unsure though, i really like them.

simplicity

Reaction score
I also got the Pro Kit for my coupe, noticed it looks higher on the front because the fender size with rear and front are different.

However I've had it for over 7 yrs on stock shocks and since then I don't even notice the difference anymore, probably the springs have settled differently with Front and Rear.

No complaints about it, my friend had the sportsline and it was around 1.8 front 1.5 rear whereas pro is 1.5 all around. It looks more aggressive but so is the ride, I don't have the urge of going any lower since this is my daily driver so I want to keep the "luxury" part of this luxury coupe.

If anyone is looking into eliminating the finger gap while maintaining stock ride quality, you will not be disappointed with the pro kit.

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
My rating For Eibach Prokit 1.5" Drop: 8/10
I've had and been in different cars w/ multiple drops, had a prelude w/ 2.5" - 3" (adjustable). Severely bumpy, got headaches, and a pain to get in and out of the car. I've been in lower...but for my current 98 Accord, I chose to go w/ prokit + 18" 5zigen Copse. W/ 18", gap is reduced plenty, not too stiff, & gives me flexibility to load passengers, luggage & I don't have to crawl over speedbumps! Get this get kit if you want something a little more aggressive than stock, limited required suspension upgrades, moderate stiffness w/o sacrificing daily driver comfort, and flexibility when carrying heavy load - multiple passengers.

MrChad

Reaction score
Eibach Prokits
9.8/10.0
Summit Racing ($250 in '00)

I've been running the L4 prokits since the car was new in '00. I upgraded to a set of Koni's a few years back. These springs are great for handling IMO, I drive my car with the body kit like I stole the SOB. I've also upgraded most every other part I could to CL/TL type S units from the same generation platform.

I have no complaints, however, I'm also running a super sticky street tire, light rims with a good offset, and a rear camber kit. I may be installing a front camber kit down the road to dial in 1-2 degrees negative up front.

The springs and shocks work very well on a street driven car. I could give 2 sh**s about looks. I'm to a point where everything is about handling and clearance to drive the car around town with my foot in the thing just like an OEM ride.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
MrChad-i'm with you, i just rate a bit harsher. I love these springs. I do wish it had a bit more drop infront, as mentioned. And it would make sence aswell because i would bet that with another .25 or .5 inch, i would still be able to get the camber i want with no kit, probably would be the same as in back. I just think that it's obvious and that eibach should have looked at that. But, for me, and what i want to do with my car, they are basically perfect. I get a decent drop with almost zero downsides. Hopefully my shocks will be here soon though, i blew my left rear stocker recently.

Back