me lowering? no way!!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
YES way! ive decided that this year my car shall fall to the earth. ive been lookin around on ebay (thats the only way im doin it, im poor) and i think im gonna go with skunk2 coliovers (i want adjustablity, and also affordability, again, the poorness) and tokico HP's aka blues. you guys have any objections as to why either or both of these suck? haha. all input is welcome. im not gettin them soon, prolly a little later on in the year......im currently saving up for an alarm, im gonna get just a regular alarm from viper, no auto start or anything, just a 2 way paging alarm, incase anyone knows what wires to cut like the people who broke into my car did to the other cars that night.

Muyo

Reaction score
Skunk coilovers are bad man, stay away from those.
And Tokico Blues are kind of bad, way too soft in my opinion.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, ok, thanks. how about tein s-tech springs? those were my other choice, but theyre just springs. and what kind of shocks should i get then? i originally wanted illuminas. and i was told to stay away from kyb's.

Muyo

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying Tein S-Techs this saturday, replacing the Tokico Sports springs that I have on now, I'll write a review on how those are on a 6th gen.

I drove and rode in a 7th gen Accord on S-Techs and stock shocks and I can tell you that they're great. The ride was still comfortable like stock, but the cornering handling has improved along with the whole car balance. The drop is perfect with these springs.

Also I have heard nothing but good things on Illuminas and I regret not getting them, so I would recommend them. I dont have any experience on KYBs so I cant tell you much there.

I would say Tokico Illuminas & Tein S-Tech springs would be make a well balanced car. Since you want adjustability though, next thing for coilovers I would suggest is Ground Control, but those are pretty expensive, $200+.

jonblizz

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
\currently saving up for an alarm, im gonna get just a regular alarm from viper, no auto start or anything, just a 2 way paging alarm, incase anyone knows what wires to cut like the people who broke into my car did to the other cars that night.
theres place neasr me where they do alarms tint exhaust , rims and tires . i min phill ynot sure how far away it is from clinton , but the last time i checked they installed a viper kit with remote sttart and 2 way paging 4 $200. i fu want to i can get their info 4 u lemme know playboi!!!
one

acrod99

Reaction score
Good luck with the decision, man. Just don't get anything from DropZone-you know why.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
jonblizz said:
theres place neasr me where they do alarms tint exhaust , rims and tires . i min phill ynot sure how far away it is from clinton , but the last time i checked they installed a viper kit with remote sttart and 2 way paging 4 $200. i fu want to i can get their info 4 u lemme know playboi!!!
one

thanks for the offer, but im prolly getting a hook up on ths install, but if that doesnt work out so well, then ill start pricing around and ill keep ya in mind. im about an hour and 1/2 from philly, and thats with my mom driving, i havent driven there yet, but i could get there quicker, haha.

i was refered to get GC's, so maybe ill look into them if you say theyre good. i guess ill just save up for the illuminas also, ive always wanted them since i decided to drop my car, so i think im gonna be shellin out some money over there at ebay when i find some good prices. the only thing is i dont think i found GC coilovers on ebay, but ill look harder next time. thanks for the help, and from diverting me from a bad decision, haha.

only ones on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GROU...ryZ33582QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

sadkorean34

Reaction score
I don't know the concept works the same in Accord, but when I had WRX, s-tech were more for looks (as in dropped looks, not much of performance in suspension wise), and H-tech was for the actual cornering, driveability wise spring..If it's the same concept, I would go with H-tech. And isn't H-tech made of something better quality material than the S-tech's? correct me if i'm wrong.

klee

Reaction score
Muyo said:
Skunk coilovers are bad man, stay away from those.
And Tokico Blues are kind of bad, way too soft in my opinion.

Skunk2 coilovers bad? I've seen plenty of guys use these coilovers in the SCCA with no issues? Any bad issues you have encountered?

Back