B'laster PB Penetrating Catalyst

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Price paid: $3.69
Purchased from: Home Depot
Rating: 10/10

PBCatalyst.gif

Comments:
I've been using this product for the better part of 5 years now. Haven't picked up a can of wd40 since then. Works great on pretty much everything. it's also magnetic so it will actually pull itself uphill into tight spaces. I haven't came across one bolt, nut, screw or other fastener this stuff wasn't able to free up. Even severely rusted fasteners.

Some info taken directly from the can:
"B'laster PB Penetrating Catalyst eliminates fighting with rusted and frozen parts. Unique CAPILLARY ACTION allows PB to "pull" itself uphill and into the tightest cavities to attack rust from all angles. PB penetrates rust to break the surface tension and quickly free the rusted or immobilized parts."

"SO FAST...CAPILLARY ACTION helps B'LASTER PB work where others fail! PB frees everything faster. Rust, Corrosion, sticking, and squeaking are eliminated! PB also displaces moisture and DOES NOT EVAPORATE. It remains on the surface as a LUBRICANT and RUST INHIBITOR"

Exclusive concentrated PB penetrating catalyst has NO EQUAL. It can be used in countless applications.
  • Spray inside distributor to start wet engines
  • Stops rust & corrosion
  • Mobiles homes
  • lubricates fishing reels, guns & shock absorbers
  • Farm equipment, industrial, and aircraft applications
  • Electrical equipment & relays
  • Spray on the back of wheels to prevent sticking due to galvanic corrosion

"Corrects stubborn leaking toilets. PB restores life to hardened flapper valves and shut-off valve o-rings"

So as you can see it does MANY things and very well I might add.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I've used it, doesn't seem any better or worse than liquid wrench or other similar products. Maybe it's because i don't deal with snow, rust, etc much. To me, a both that is stuck is stuck. I don't even use anything anymore, outside of a breaker bar and maybe a pipe. I've been wrentching on cars for about 10 years now, i always sort of thought this type of stuff worked fairly mediocure but then i realize how different the conditions my cars go through.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
i just used that stuff to try to loosen up the bolts on my cat converter and it didnt even do anything. is there an easier way to loosen those bolts up besides bringing it to a shop

nexTOme

Reaction score
ummm cat and exhaust pipings are just almost impossible to unbolt i think.....because of load of carbon building up...

if there is a way, then that will be cool.....

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Use 6 point sockets and those wrenches that won't allow the bolt to round off. So many thing poeple say is basically "impossilble" seem to not be so bad with the right tools.

nexTOme

Reaction score
its simple as that? well i only thot it was almost impossible because even the shop with all the fancy tool couldnt get it off.....so they ended up using torch to cut my bolts off of stock flange.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
its simple as that? well i only thot it was almost impossible because even the shop with all the fancy tool couldnt get it off.....so they ended up using torch to cut my bolts off of stock flange.

Well, sometimes it's just going be beyond what you can do. I had no trouble when i put on my bro's headers (well, i snapped a stud) and no problem when we replaced the mani on my friends integra to turbo it. Not to mention countless exhausts. But, yeah, some are beyond gone. I've snapped accouple bolts, i had to get a cut off wheel when i replaced the cat on my moms car. Those bolts go through alot for heat cycling to rust to general road grime. But, you can do wonders with the right tools, i guess that's my point. That doesn't mean some things will be past gone.

Back