FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
db_1_b.JPG

this image might change since it's coming from ebay

OBX Throttle Body Spacer

Price paid: $30-50 street / $50-$70 market
Purchased from -some guy on V6P.net
Rating - 8/10
Comments - Although we tend to avoid OBX products like a hooker with testicles, I decided to take a chance on this one particular minuscule item. The OBX Throttle Body Spacer promises a lot of things, none of which can REALLY be felt or noticed. However, I still give it an 8 out of 10 because of the many positive factors it comes with. It does not cause any leaks in your TB so that is a definite plus that it won't be a $50 paperweight. It does provide your car with an interesting sound that I has been described by others as "a leak in your car" to "when did you put the turbo in." It can be ricey, but generally it is accepted as a cool thing. When used in conjunction with an aftermarket intake the sound is one of amazement. Does it provide quicker throttle response? Slightly. Does it yield better fuel mileage? Slightly. Does it do anything? A little bit. Is it something cool to have? Yes. The cool factor in the sound balances the "does nothing" factor. This is one step up from a sticker, but one step down from a mod that gives real gains.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Picked up the same thing, but looks like I need longer bolts, not sure if they were't included, but the stock bolts aren't long enough to mount the spacer.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
caused more ache than pleasure for my ride

people who have experience with OBX products have a saying about OBX products. they are hit or miss. either they are great or they suck. for myself, personally, it was good.

as far as the bolts. we used the stock bolts and for 6 months nothing bad happened.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
i have an obx SS header and couldn't be happier. the quality is very impressive in my experience with obx products.

+1 for obx.:thumbsup:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
people who have experience with OBX products have a saying about OBX products. they are hit or miss. either they are great or they suck. for myself, personally, it was good.

as far as the bolts. we used the stock bolts and for 6 months nothing bad happened.

I found my stock bolts weren't long enough, will have to check that again, I needed them to be about an inch longer.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
I found my stock bolts weren't long enough, will have to check that again, I needed them to be about an inch longer.

i'm retarded. on second thought i did remember going to home depot looking for their strongest bolt. they have like copper, zinc, or titanium or some ****...no, steel was the one.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i'm retarded. on second thought i did remember going to home depot looking for their strongest bolt. they have like copper, zinc, or titanium or some ****...no, steel was the one.

Do you remember get a longer bolt/what size you used....if I remember correctly, I think I need about a 5" or 6" long bolt, the stock one is about 4" or so.

Back