AEM V2 4cyl CAI

MrChad

Reaction score
Purchased From TireRack.com
About $280
9.5/10.0

I've also posted these same comments in other forums you may visit:

Not sure if anyone else here has ever run one. I had the prior original AEM CAI, and I do mean original -- as in back when they only came in one color light grey and the oldest design attached to the inner fender not the airbox brace. I'm talking the original design here.

I had that on the car for quite a few years from 00-06, but over time the bushings started to fail and I broke a bypass valve or two. AEM always sent me new parts, talk about service - no charge with proof of original invoice. But I removed the system and sold it on ebay.

Next, I purchased the short ram system again by AEM via TireRack. That lived in the car maybe a full month. I just wasn't happy with the fit of installation of the unit, or performance. I switched back to the OE air box.

Which brings us to the AEM V2, having installed a new DC sport Header, CAT, Cat back exhaust, lighter flywheel and new clutch this month it was the last bolt on I hadn't yet tried under the hood so far.

Well, I called up TireRack, yet again, and ordered the AEM V2. I'm happy to report that it fits much better then my previous short ram. Though the newly as packaged oiled filter assembly has fallen off once, chaulk it up to not a tight enough hose clamp on my part?

This bugger sings at full RPM and I mean sings - totally over powers my exhaust/header. It also really has increased the power band. Prior to the install 4000-6500rpm band was OK, the car literally smacks into Redline now. Finally the results of the other bolt-ons are showing some steam.

I'm no rocket scientist, just an engineer, but I can definately say I was choking the car on the OE air box with K&N filter sans resonator chamber. An exhaust and header setup really should have a proper free flowing intake I guess . And so far I feel I'm qualified to say this is AEM's best gen-6 L4 F23 unit to date.

It reminds me very much of my old AEM CAI unit but this unit clearly pulls down more power in the upper RPM band.

I figured I'd post my impressions for anyone maybe looking at this unit, I clearly feel the extra premium over the standard CAI is worth every penny.

276824_223_full.jpg

jccg5

Reaction score
Re: AEM V2 CAI 98-02 L2 2.3l SOHC Vtec Accord

ur enegine is so freaking clean and dust-free

DarkElegance919

Reaction score

even though most headers and intake systems says "not for ulev engines", would it be ok to install it anyways? i mean what's the worst that could happen? it looks great btw! haha

johnnydinh701

Reaction score

u have a sound clip or anything.... and does it sound very similar to the aem cai or does it sound better... cuz i have a cousin who has the v2 on his ls integra and it sounds badass and WAY better than my cai...

MrChad

Reaction score

even though most headers and intake systems says "not for ulev engines", would it be ok to install it anyways? i mean what's the worst that could happen? it looks great btw! haha

ULEV Accord's run a special CAT and O2 sensor setup, you shouldn't have any issues with AEM V2 intake what so ever.

Be careful if you get a cat back or header installed, my CAT died from all the hammering on the old bolts to get them out. I'm not sure if a ULEV Accord can run a standard CAT setup but if your's does die be sure to look into it. It would be 10x cheaper.

My local shop got me an OE replacement CAT new for under $200, but I have the F23A1 engine.

I had my header installed when I had the shop install my new clutch and flywheel.

u have a sound clip or anything.... and does it sound very similar to the aem cai or does it sound better... cuz i have a cousin who has the v2 on his ls integra and it sounds badass and WAY better than my cai...

I don't have anyway to make or post a soundclip. But it's just a louder version of the original CAI IMO. DOHC Honda like the B16/18 and H22 always sound way better then us SOHC cars at Vtec, we just ain't got the happy fun exhausts lobes.

Thanks for the comments on the engine bay, it's not perfect trust me; but I try my best.

lyttleviet

Reaction score

I like my V2.. I honestly think its just a noise pipe though =P.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Considering the fact that we're not gonna be beating 350z's in our cars I'd say having someone's surprised face at an intersection realizing how loud an accord can be is well worth buying the V2. It is without a doubt a god amongst the various intakes and one of the greatest investments I've ever made.
The sound...*drools*

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
I love my V2 but i do admit when i just got it i always punched it just to hear the wonderful sound of the intake.....but i have since learned to control my addiction with the rise in gas prices......lol

Back