Boston Acoustic S65rd

MrChad

Reaction score
Purchased: Crutchfield Online (~$100.00) new.
9.5/10.0

These are the shallow mount depth 6.5"s from Boston Acoustic:

These BA's are the ideal solution for the doors of the Accord coupe. I had been waiting years for someone to make a factory depth co-axial for the doors of the sixth gen. I didn't want to cut out the back of the OE speaker brackets.

The BA's live up to this mostly, the magnets are the OE depth but a tick wider then stock (this is good). So I did have to dremel a small bit of plastic on the inside of the bucket to clear the ternals for the supplied Honda adapter harnesses from Crutchfield, and I did have to use the 4 hole locations on the OE bracket vs. the stock 3 hole locations.

Else the install was a direct fit. Sound is fantastic, very loud and clean, I find the bass more then acceptable, clearly better then the stock EX speakers, but I'm also running some Pioneer 3-way 6x9's in the rear deck. All are powered from a higher end Kenwood deck, which is likely 25-30w x4 RMS.

My favorite part is that BA duplicated the OEM face ring -- so the speakers seal to the rim on the door panel, brilliant. No loss in sound quality over stock what so ever, You keep the OE bracket bucket and the OE door panel seals.

I simply wanted a clean loud solution for driving around with the windows down and sun roof open, these deliver that for me.

276824_218_full.jpg

00Accord35

Reaction score
You'll love these speaks. My car is full BA system and sounds better then any other brand I have had.

lyttleviet

Reaction score
You'll love these speaks. My car is full BA system and sounds better then any other brand I have had.
I am glad you said its better than anything youve had. I have some in my Camry and I am honestly unimpressed. I found many things in the same budget to be superior such as Hertz, and Rainbow, but BA is nice for over the counter stuff. :)

Back